PC International -- are they any good?

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Zenbaas

Post by Zenbaas »

Just dont expect responses to your e-mails from them. Phoning them is fine...but their email support is pathetic to say the least.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Zenbaas wrote:Just dont expect responses to your e-mails from them. Phoning them is fine...but their email support is pathetic to say the least.
Come to think about it your right... the guy that initially assisted me decided to go on leave and my e-mails weren't being answered until I tried another address and eventually I got assistance (and all this because Carl had gone on honeymoon or holiday or something and I couldn't get it from him...)
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

GatsbyDyt wrote: Im thinking the prices after vat have to be very close to what you actually pay otherwise why list the prices online. . .
that makes absolutely no sense at all to me
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

WiK1d wrote:
GatsbyDyt wrote: Im thinking the prices after vat have to be very close to what you actually pay otherwise why list the prices online. . .
yes it does
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Leela: An idea?

I LOVE THIS :-)
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

WiK1d wrote:
It doesnt at all...

The price you pay is EXACTLY price + VAT... Unless you want it shipped, then you just add the shipping cost...

They only give you the price and VAT... not very close to, EXACTLY...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Slasher wrote:
WiK1d wrote:
It doesnt at all...

The price you pay is EXACTLY price + VAT... Unless you want it shipped, then you just add the shipping cost...

Or if you wanna pay with credit card, then you add 5%
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Slasher wrote:
WiK1d wrote:
It doesnt at all...

Exactly! So what the problem is? :\
Belix

Post by Belix »

They've been my PC shop of choice for about 10 years now. Some of the sales guys are a bit slack, but Bibi is a dynamo. Sometimes the prices charged don't match the web price, but I do think it's an honest mistake and they'll correct the price if you point it out.

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

Belix wrote:They've been my PC shop of choice for about 10 years now. Some of the sales guys are a bit slack, but Bibi is a dynamo. Sometimes the prices charged don't match the web price, but I do think it's an honest mistake and they'll correct the price if you point it out.
LOL. . .Bibi - what a cool name. It actually sonds like a name given to somebody who is hyperactive :D
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

I also think that they are good, both the prices and the customer support. I bought a samsung 17" lcd screen a couple of months back, and typically samsung (sorry to you samsung lovers) the screen breaks after a month. So I take it back and they send it in for repair. After another month my screen still hasn't come back from samsung ( :evil: crap samsung :evil: ). So they gave me a much more expensive screen (19" wide) in return. I only had to pay in about R100. I'll do business with them again just because they did something like that :D 8)
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

TheModDoctor wrote:I also think that they are good, both the prices and the customer support. I bought a samsung 17" lcd screen a couple of months back, and typically samsung (sorry to you samsung lovers) the screen breaks after a month. So I take it back and they send it in for repair. After another month my screen still hasn't come back from samsung ( :evil: crap samsung :evil: ). So they gave me a much more expensive screen (19" wide) in return. I only had to pay in about R100. I'll do business with them again just because they did something like that :D 8)
you luck B@stard. . .by the by do you guys think that R1800 is good for an Asus 19" wide with a 5ms response time and 2000:1 contrast ratiio?

AlphA

Post by AlphA »

I've bought a couple of odds and ends from them; LCD's, Wifi Nics, PCI card etc etc.....but not a complete system...

Yes, their prices are great and the service is not too bad either.