Overclocking?

Any hardware related topics go here.
jPm

Post by jPm »

I agree would basipooh, i have tryed various increases on my core and mem on my GFX card, and the single most effective thing is to increase your memory speed. I increased my Mem 40mhz more and i achieved like a 800 increase in 3dmark 03,
Basipooh
Permanently Banned

Post by Basipooh »

@ JPM, its amazing how these "top" benchers lack simple logic!!

Anyway I ran a few more tests today, 3dmark, q3 and so on. and increasing the memory clock made more of a difference in ALL the test.. I put the GPU at stock. Then clocked the mem up 30Mhz, Then tried with the core up 30Mhz.
Here are the results i got with Q3A. BTW it is a DDR3 card.

Timedemo1 @ 640x480.

400/800 340.3 FPS (STOCK)
430/800 343.7 FPS
400/830 345.5 FPS

as u can see the difference is marginal but it still exists.
Ran each test twice!!

I run my card at 425/1200 all day....And that extra mem speed is gr8.

:lol:
P4 3.0E LGA 775 1mb L2
Chaintech v915p
MSI Geforce 6600 Diamond Edition(425/1200)
512 Mb Dual DDR 400
80 Gb ATA 100 Hd
SB Live 7.1

3Dmark 2005: 3012
CHECK OUT MY BAND @ www.the-zenith.com
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

@ JPM, its amazing how these "top" benchers lack simple logic!!
You get personal and I will give you a few good wacks. Understood.

Do a little research into my professional, and overclocking background before making statements like this.

Off-topic @ Shlebib: Yeah sure I can back up my claims. I have not made top 7 International Futuremark by simply upping Mem clocks.

Lets see: I have had 26 516 3dM01 with a measely 9800XT, and Pentium 4 Northwood. Let's see yourself and Basipooh getting close by overclocking your memory.

Anyway, I am sure you have heard the expression one genius cannot argue against 10 idiots.

Go get onto Orb, then I will unset the ignore tabs again. Even just into the top 20 will qualify you.

I dare you. If you have the balls. If you are not just 2 wimpy dickheads feeling brave behind your keyboards.

Don't see this as an insult. Prove me wrong.

Ball is in your court, boys.

Let's see if you can talk the talk, and walk the walk. Don't play wordgames, you made some rather strong-worded statements, now in the real world you have to act on them, and believe in them, and prove your point.

Words are empty. Deeds prove a point.

Hope you are up to the task. Let's see how far your expert logical sense can take you.

Post by Avatar7 »

Yip I agree my thread has been Hi-jacked and is now the official arguments and physical violence thread.

Well thanx for the pointers to find out how to clock my card, i'm still looking for the right tools to flash my card tho.
Dom

Post by Dom »

What is wrong with you people? I think Mr Bean knows what the hell he's talking about! I have nothing but respect for the guy...
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
dammod

Post by dammod »

Hehe, this should be good.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

go beanie go :P
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
Jasonhk

Post by Jasonhk »

Nicely Said MrBean :)
Elitehost| Professional Web Hosting Solutions | www.elitehost.co.za
1.5GB Storage / 15GB Bandwidth - R29.95/Month | cPanel, PHP, MySQL and Fantastico
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Ah, no worries guys, I am out of here.

I am going to send Cameron a PM to delete my account on PCF, as I have no interest in posting here anymore.

There are a bunch of good guys, which you could communicate with, and then you have the morons, like Shlebib and Basipooh.

They contaminate each and every thread on this board with a bunch of spam, and ******.

So yeah, for those that is interested in educated (and logical) response, please visit me at www.systemshock.co.za

That exclude said morons.

I apologize to Avatar7 hijacking for hijacking his thread. Thought I could provide useful info, but apparently not.

Take care, see you on the other side

ps: @ Moron1 and Moron2. Don't send me any of your silly little Pm's, or snotty replies here, as I won't return.

If you want to sort this out man to man, email me.
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

Sorry to see you go Mr Bean.

:cry:

on another note,,,do you guys know if 3Dmark or PCmark are on any of the recent Pcformat DVD's?

283MB is a bit much to download.
dammod

Post by dammod »

yip, its on the most recent PCF.

Post by Avatar7 »

Well MrBean, if you read this, its sad to see you go.
no hassel bout the hi-jack, i'll just OC the mem, and leave it it that my 6600GT is much better. I'll just run on budge settings on the old P.C.
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

thanx Dammod

And to Mr Bean.Shlebib and Basipooh,,,,lets all grow up please,,,,you've all 3 been going at each other like kids,,,,do the manly thing and appologise to each other.

These forums are for fun,,,,not arguments,,,,if someone has a problem with someone else,,,rather PM them

It did'nt need to go this far,,,I'm sure you guys took this way out of context !!!!!

:evil:
TheDee

Post by TheDee »

Damn, mr Bean. Sorry to see you go!! You've been a great help to us noobs!!

Will check in @ systemshock when i need decent info!
dammod

Post by dammod »

Hendrix wrote:thanx Dammod
Sure thing man,
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I am amazed at the immaturity shown here. I thought much more of you guys. Mr Bean is not only a very respected member of this forum but also many other forums, including international ones. He has consistently been in the top 10 of the overclocking community, international that is.
To think that he is being repaced by the Shlebib and Basipooh morons, is mind boggling. It is a sad time for this forum, the morons can only thank Cameron that I do not have the power to ban both of these fools. :evil: :x
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Guys I told you two the last time not to joke around with MrBean because I knew this was gonna happen!
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Well it is sort of Camerons fault. Why did he allow them back. I thought they were banned.That should mean permantly
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Hmmmm, Mr bean why do you let people or kids whatever you wanna call them, just simply get onto your back and make you leave.

What you said I respect because it is true and yea I love your expression you mensioned earlier on, must use that more often.

Seriously don't let a bunch of people hiding behind their monitors interrigate you because it isn't worth it.

Enough said.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Wow... If this doesnt gaurantee the permanent ban status nothing will... Between this and my little 'altercation' with the one one the "country" thread about something that had NOTHING to do with him this is too much :?

All the best to the bean, I will go to systemshock just to read his posts... At least some intelligence over there it seems...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:Hmmmm, Mr bean why do you let people or kids whatever you wanna call them, just simply get onto your back and make you leave.

What you said I respect because it is true and yea I love your expression you mensioned earlier on, must use that more often.

Seriously don't let a bunch of people hiding behind their monitors interrigate you because it isn't worth it.

Enough said.
I understand how mr bean is feeling, he comes to this forum now and then, because he likes helping people.

He dont wanna come here just to get people flaming him.

ffs Shlebib and Basipooh

dont you two have something else to do?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This is like only the second time I ever saw him upset, and the first time involved them as well.

His answers here helped me a lot on these forums.

As for you other two please learn to respect your elders. If for nothing more then for that, it's just common decency.

Would you tune your mom wtf? No I don't think so.

I actually noticed you behaved recently, your posts was not as bad as the first good couple.

I don't know...

Guys that know MrBean well must convince him to reconsider.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

JasonHK will be the man for the job,

get mrbean back plz

@admin

:P

give those 2 a warning atleast sheez.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Erm, sorry, it was only Basipooh I see, not both of 'em.

Shlebib was not involved here.

EDIT : OK scrap that I see he was... (slow connection - downloading)
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

I vote to get Mr Beam back aswell,.. where can I make a donation? :lol: