X850 XT PE IS OUT !!!

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I will never buy a console like a Playstation 3... Because I like a mouse and keyboard, and I can lan on! Even if the PlayStation3 has two X850XTPE's running in SLI mode........
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It will always be the home of fighting titles though. Then it's best the other way around.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

nVidia update:
Nvidia's NV50 canned

New things to come

WE ARE told that Nvidia's next gen chip NV50 has been canned as well as the NV48 chip we reported on earlier in the week. I guess both were not fitting well into Nvidia's picture.
We don’t have any idea as yet what lead to such a decision, but Nvidia does apparently think it's now time to make its next breakthrough chip.

All we know is that Nvidia made a huge u-turn or a right turn in its roadmap as Intel describes it, and we don’t yet know where that leads.

We also know that Nvidia is very dedicated to win the graphic fight and to move away from the deadly embrace with ATI. In the current generation, it's not important what you get as both Nvidia and ATI cards are performing almost identically.

Nvidia still strongly believes that SLI is something that will become very important in the future.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20034
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

lol

Rayne every post u've made I've seen somewhere else like 5 days before :P
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Rayne wrote:nVidia update:
Nvidia's NV50 canned

New things to come

WE ARE told that Nvidia's next gen chip NV50 has been canned as well as the NV48 chip we reported on earlier in the week. I guess both were not fitting well into Nvidia's picture.
We don’t have any idea as yet what lead to such a decision, but Nvidia does apparently think it's now time to make its next breakthrough chip.

All we know is that Nvidia made a huge u-turn or a right turn in its roadmap as Intel describes it, and we don’t yet know where that leads.

We also know that Nvidia is very dedicated to win the graphic fight and to move away from the deadly embrace with ATI. In the current generation, it's not important what you get as both Nvidia and ATI cards are performing almost identically.

Nvidia still strongly believes that SLI is something that will become very important in the future.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20034
seems Nvidia has lost hope.... :twisted: ATI must be too fast :twisted:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

the_nominator wrote:lol

Rayne every post u've made I've seen somewhere else like 5 days before :P
Don't know what you mean. What you mean?
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

all the news and stuff
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

the_nominator wrote:all the news and stuff
I've never posted the same article twice. Those I do aren't a week old also. I've also never posted a new topic when an exact same 1 exist elsewhere on this forum. Kindly point it out 2 me should you disagree.

If your presumably browsing these news sites I can see the prob though. You'll then also know beforehand. But not every1 does however. I've seen a few stupid questions on this forum thus far.

Is that it?
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Rayne, I like the news!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nerevar wrote:Rayne, I like the news!
Thanx Nerevar. :wink:

But seriously _nom tell me what you dislike & I'll fix it dude...
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Rayne must work for PCFormat one day.....
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

NAh I dont dislike anything :?

Just a comment
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

the_nominator wrote:NAh I dont dislike anything :?

Just a comment
But you're not sure of that answer I see...

You can say bru I'm all grown up, promise I can take it. I really wanna know anyway.
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Argh I really dont dislike anything
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

the_nominator wrote:Argh I really dont dislike anything
AOK then. Putting this behind me now.

PS: You're in the States already or still on you way?
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Nah I'm going there end of febuary hopefully.
Only problem is selling the house :(

Anyone looking for a 3million rand house?
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

the_nominator wrote:Nah I'm going there end of febuary hopefully.
Only problem is selling the house :(

Anyone looking for a 3million rand house?
Erm, nope. :lol:
halo

Post by halo »

3 million bucks!!!!!!!!!! for a house!!!!!!!!!! that must same amazing house! what, do the doors open with voice commands and you can clap the lights off and mentally switch the TV on... my word 3 million bucks! i can only imagine what i would do with R3 000 000! sorry off topic, its just the figure shocked me abit thats all...

anyway back on topic know, i heard that Nvidia has droped NV50 because they dont what it to become the next Geforce FX ranges where the only difference between high end cards is the speed. they have decided to wait till the have something worth appling to a new board. thats what i heard and if nom heard it else where im sorry... :!:
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

So AMD and ATI, and Nvidia and Intel. Funny enough I see things different. Currently I see AMD and Nvidia are doing okay, and ATI really good as well.

But with a Nforce Chipset, I would think that the advantage would go towards Nvidia, and I'm not picking a fight here. Why would Nforce support an ATI card better than a Nvidia card.

And yes I know there is plenty of other chipsets out there as well, but the fact is that Nforce seems to be better....or lets say sell more. Look at all the post of people with AMD chips, and then look at there mb's and the chipset.

So if the Nforce chipset from Nvidia is working great with AMD, why would ATI be the one to gain from that and Nvidia not.

Just a question?
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Why on earth do you want to upgrade to a X800 or a 6800 agp....... Wait and buy a new pc with pci express and a 64bit cpu!
Who said they wanted to buy a X800 or 6800 AGP, btw the X800's are being made in PCI-E, and the X850 range is all PCI-E now! So is the X800XL...

Meph with new ranges being released by ATI, there just might be new competitors on our market early next year which might be able to compete with Nvidia's cheaper offerings for which atm ATI have no answer to in SA.

Also funny that nobody is mentioning the Radeon Express 200 as potential competitors with the AMD mobio race! Its amazing that ATI have managed to manufacture a motherboard from scratch with no previous experience and still develop a motherboard thats capable of sticking with the Nforce 4's.

Cheers Guys
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Yeah but the X800 and the 6800 are just agp cards they made pci-e , the true power of pci-e is still to come!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

ATI X850XT PE to arrive before Yule

In limited quantities

SOME SMALL quantities of R480, Radeon X850XT PE will hit the market before the end of this year - even before Yule, just.
We got confirmation that some of the ATI partners will be able to get a few cards out in week 52. They will ship it just a few days before the end of the Yule shopping fever season. If you are lucky enough, you might get your X850XT PE card this year.

Serious quantities are slated for January, of course, but it would be a good change to see ATI shipping some quantities of its high end cards close to its launch. The unwritten rule is to have the cards in retail, e-tail one month after presentation, but we haven’t seen much of that that happening in 2004.

Beware - these cards Estimated Retail Price is $549. With the new USA IT mathematics, that ends up as at least €550 . I have to remind you that $550 is €416 at current exchange rates.

Let's see can whether the promise is fulfilled, or whether those avid for this technology curse Santa Claus when he brings them a tangerine and some choccies instead.