I made Top10 on Futuremark Orb 3dMark03

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
MrBean

I made Top10 on Futuremark Orb 3dMark03

Post by MrBean »

Hello Guys,
Finally I made it to the Top10 on the International Benchmarking Orb, at Futuremark, with 3dMark03.

I did this with the PC in November's Mod of the Month Competition, but with only a 6800Ultra video card added. I still use my nearly 1 year old Northwood P4.

I will do some benchies with this GFX card, and my new 3.4EE cpu, as soon as my VapoLS LGA775 Coolinghead arrives.

Will keep you guys posted.

Here is the URL for the Hall of Fame on Futuremark: http://www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/

Br,
MrBean.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey MrBean

Nice one! :-D
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Now thats big. Congrats MrBean. Your rig rocks. Keep it clocking.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Now that deserves Congratulations in the Highest!n This is the first ever South African to break into that bracket guys, now thats the Elite of the Elite Beanie. I saw what Ralph did and i knew that something was coming after you got the 6800 Ultra from Artag...
Hehe, i was sure as hell that this was coming!!! I was following your purchases for a while Beanie, 3.4EE, the scores you were getting with the 9800Pro and the Pi scores! Good going MrBean, will be checking on NF for more Detail. Once again Congrats Dude, i'm waiting to see what more you can get out of the 6800U, the Vapo PE is on it right? If thats the case then i think you might have more up ur sleeve eh?

Anyway Rock on Bean

Cheers
Fishy
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Damn, i just read up, this was done with an aircooled card Bean!! and ur old Northwood! Man ur making the amd's guy look like fools Beanie, LOL. Man i can't wait, that means theres a PROSPECT of a South Effrican No1 on the ORB! Shyte might be reaching for the stars here, but aim high Bean!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Thanx for the feedback, appreciated as always.

Fishzn: The scores was done on stock aircooling on the GFX card, and using my P4 Northwood. I am still waiting for the VapoLS cooling head for the LGA 775 mobo from Asetek, it has been released mid Nov, so Arthur at Synapsys should have one forme by next week sometime.

Then I can start my real attempt to reach the Top5, and then I will hang up my benching socks. My aim was to only ever reach the frontpage, the Top20.

This was a big surprise, and bonus that I managed the Top10, if only for a short while. At least I made a screenshot and saved it :)

So yes, there is a bit more to come, I should be hitting 16k in 03, and approx 90k in Aquamark with the 3.4EE. I am sitting at 81539 now with the Northwood, so it is entirely possible to get to 90k.

But, let me 1st get there, then say I did it.

Will keep you all posted.

Br,
MrBean.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Dude you breaking too many records :wink:

I shall catch up one day :) but far in the future :roll:
Dom

Post by Dom »

81539 in AM3 8O

Damn, that's impressive!

With the rate you're going at MrBean, 90K should be a cinch for you... ;-)
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Artagra
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Artagra »

Nicely done Phil - seems I get to congratulate you on all the different forums :D

Quoting myself from another Forum:
Well, it's awesome to see some SA guys really getting amazing OC's. Both these guys are from Net Forums (the old planetmars), and are flying the SA flag high.

Mr Bean has only had his GPU for less than a day and is not yet running at his full potential (waiting for an LGA adapter for the cooling head on his Vapo) while Rra is doing this with a modded X800 Pro (rather than a real XT), and I'm sure his setup still has some juice left in it.

http://www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/ - Hall of Fame

Mr Bean is at no 10 and RRA is at 17

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3396884 - Mr Bean with his Northwood on Vapo and a 6800 Ultra on air - when he gets his 3.4 EE up and running things will be interesting...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3379361 Rra with his X800 Pro Vivo modded to XT on water and his FX 55 on a Prommie (Mach 2 GT, I believe) - it's an awesome score, and for a few days last week his system had the top spot on all 4 benchies for SA on overclocking.co.za

Artag
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

all i can say is..... wow!
no seriously, WOW!

me i have scores that are damn embaressing, so seeing as one Proudly South African person is kicking some global bottom, i will just remain in the dark.

i don't even have the knowledge to even start bettering my scores.

Anyway, congrats buddy and like the other guys said, just keep on trucking!
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Mr.Bean will take over the world :twisted:
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Bean that score....siCK!!!!
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Bean for President !!!!!
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Nerevar for President :lol:
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz