The diff clans on this Forum...

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Sojourn

The diff clans on this Forum...

Post by Sojourn »

Hi all bob's and bobbettes !

Am ceeing alotta Clan names like Pubic Nights and and and... you get the pic. Now what I wanna no is...
Are these clans just forum existing or do they have some significance in the outside world, like Lan parties and the like ?

What do you do to be accepted as member, do you approach or will you be approached ?

Am quite inttrsd.

S
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Hi there Sojourn! I have never seen a post by you before, welcome. :D
I'm also not a clan member. :cry:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Law

Post by Law »

The PK's are hosting a lan in octobers in the bluff. So that answers a few of your q's. But were all mate's. All you have to do is play for the knight's to become one.

Asking / being approached? Iether or ! :D

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Am "new" here but an old PCF reader.
Tnx 4 the welcome !
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

I've never heard of anyone called "bobbette", but anyway. :)

Pubic Knights own!
Sojourn wrote:Are these clans just forum existing or do they have some significance in the outside world, like Lan parties and the like ?
No, just exist in that non-real world that doesn't exist. lol. Nah just kidding. As far as us PK members go,yes we Lan together (next lan is a called Instant Lan III, in October) and some of us attend the same varsity. Members Of PK are :

1. AngryRabbit
2. SnowMonkey
3. NinjaTic
4. NeonChameleon (that's me)
5. SquattingDog
6. SoulErazor
7. Law
8. SacredSnail
9. SacredRose

The is suppose to be a pattern (<adjective or noun> followed by <an animal name>, except members 6,7 and 9 are a little out of the pattern.

In order to a PK member, you'd need to fight along the knights at LAN and stuff. Also to keep the cheese sacred at all times and defend the sacred realm against the evil gnomes.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Isnt the sacred meant to be secret? :wink: hmmm now do i want to join the pubics and be member 10? :)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Well that's a secret.

Long story that. See page 8 of Latest Edtion to Pubic Knights. Somewhere there.

Do you promise to tell the whole cheese, and nothing but the cheese so help you the Almighty Cheese?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Anakha56

Ur assuming they'll have you ...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

To Sojourn

Im mates with SoulErazor and Ive meant snowmonkey and I have met Law and one other cant remeber him now(it was a brief encounter.) But if they dont need a 10 dats cool.

To Neon

Yes I swear to do as the cheese says, just as long as he doesnt smell like old socks, cause if he smells he's going to get a wash :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Anakha56, have you come to one of the Instant Lan before? Which lan's have you been to?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I used to go lanning at soulErazor's house but he doesnt tell me when he holds those anymore :cry: Ive been floating in and around Lans for awhile now. Ive been to the one @ Durban North in the action cricket, soccer stadium. The only reason why I dont tend lans as often as I like is a certain person who I love dearly my g/f. Im thinking of going to the instant lan, but I have to look @ finances first.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Anakha56 wrote:To Sojourn

Im mates with SoulErazor and Ive meant snowmonkey and I have met Law and one other cant remeber him now(it was a brief encounter.) But if they dont need a 10 dats cool.
:oops:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

its cool nobody on the forums knew i knew those people till now.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Anakha56 wrote:I used to go lanning at soulErazor's house but he doesnt tell me when he holds those anymore :cry: Ive been floating in and around Lans for awhile now. Ive been to the one @ Durban North in the action cricket, soccer stadium. The only reason why I dont tend lans as often as I like is a certain person who I love dearly my g/f. Im thinking of going to the instant lan, but I have to look @ finances first.
See pm.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

I think i'll start my own clan...
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

What r u going to call your clan, skapie?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

what would you call it?

BTW Glad to see your dragons are back me like.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

I'm not sure... :oops: .... "The Farm" he he
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I had a clan, but they were all killed by the Empire... :cry: :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:I had a clan, but they were all killed by the Empire... :cry: :P
he he...
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Isn't "the Farm" the CIA place in the movie "The Recruit". Maybe you can ask Colin Ferrel to join?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

neon_chameleon wrote:Isn't "the Farm" the CIA place in the movie "The Recruit". Maybe you can ask Colin Ferrel to join?
YA YA !!
Then I wanna be part 'o that one too !!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

neon_chameleon wrote:Isn't "the Farm" the CIA place in the movie "The Recruit". Maybe you can ask Colin Ferrel to join?
That was a good movie!
Or perhaps i should give my clan a name like "The confused realm of the fluffy farm animals"...
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

one of dem highland clans. :P
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
oukie

Post by oukie »

YEs wit skapie ... thats more of a clan name ...... :)