Help with website!

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
SmL9

Help with website!

Post by SmL9 »

I want to/have to make a page with a login system similar to the one www.kingofchoas.com uses. I'm kinda new to webpages and stuff, but I do know the basics (or I like to think so). I dont care about the graphics or what happens to a user once he has logged in, currently it's not my concern. As long as the thing works.

So could someone maybe post a couple of links to get me started? Or if you're feeling very helpful, maybe even give me some sort of a tutorial? Any help will REALLY be appreciated!
vv3bcr3atur3

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

http://www.webthing.com/tutorials/login.html
Might be a bit too much meat but it works. If you tell us what kind of site you have you might get more specific info regarding how to do it for your site.
Less meat but not *that* safe: http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutori ... advanced/3
Hope this helps!
"If our ancestors stood still at fire for 10 more years the wheel would have be much rounder by now" - vv3b
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

It's for a business, it's not supposed to focus on user-friendliness, but rather on security. Nothing major, but it's not for me, so I would like it to be pretty secure. It really doesn't matter though, as long as it works!
McGuywer

Password Protect a Website.

Post by McGuywer »

Okay,
You want to password protect a website. The best way to go is Coffee Cup Password Wizard version 4. It is mostly secure, althought I know of a few bugs in version 3, but there fixed now (hopefully). You can design your login in Java or Flash and insert it in your website. The only problem is you have to buy the program, to put your password app on the internet otherwise you can only put it on a Intranet or LAN.
Good luck!
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Do you have an LDAP certified server in the background. Something like Active Directory or Novell eDirectory :?: