Xandros

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
vv3bcr3atur3

Xandros

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

Anybody checked out Xandros yet. Darn that thing is ugly! It looks just like windows!!!! :x And not very easy to customize and not free! Wost of all it got a best on test from SA Computer for business OSes. IT is just as bad as Linspire (aka Lindows). Sorry but GNU|Linux is still the way to go!
"If our ancestors stood still at fire for 10 more years the wheel would have be much rounder by now" - vv3b
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

My computer teacher gave me red Hat Linux Fedora today :D
Insalled it and it sucks compared to Mandrake 10 and he payed R314 for it.
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

vv3bcr3atur3 wrote: Anybody checked out Xandros yet. Darn that thing is ugly! It looks just like windows!!!! And not very easy to customize and not free! Wost of all it got a best on test from SA Computer for business OSes. IT is just as bad as Linspire (aka Lindows). Sorry but GNU|Linux is still the way to go!
I haven't tried it, and after reading what you say I probably won't waste my time :)
vv3bcr3atur3

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

R314 :!: Daylight robbery got mine free with linux user and developer. Got SuSE from mine when I was in grade 11: If only I could have converted at that age already! Currently using Fedora Core looking to swich over to Gentoo http://www.gentoo.org/ . Mandrake gave me to much hassels with my CD-ROM drive. Remember Fedora is a project not a product (a test rabit if you which). Still it is GNU and much better than Xandros and the like. But because it has absolutely no proprietary software (a good thing), it has no mp3 player and the like (sucks: but it is the price you pay for doing the right thing). You can always dowload and install a mp3 player though.
Back to the topic non GNU sucks :!:
"If our ancestors stood still at fire for 10 more years the wheel would have be much rounder by now" - vv3b
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Its not that much cause he got a R600 page manuall with it
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
vv3bcr3atur3

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

Reading material is alway good. Question: Do you think he is actually going to read it? It would be nice if more schools would go down the Linux road. I've been converting my former school but my major problem was they used Delphi but I discovered Kylix (Which has a C++ and Delphi compiler) now I can implement my plot and bring GNU|Linux one day closer to world domination! :twisted: