Ati have the world record

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
halo

Ati have the world record

Post by halo »

hi all just thought you might want to know that Ati have just broking the world record for the highest 3D mrak 2003 score ever : here is the article:
ATI has announced that its flagship next-generation card, the RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition, has set a world record score of 15,738 in 3DMark2003. This remarkable feat means that ATI have surpassed nVidia's 12K+ score, claimed to have been achieved using a GeForce 6800 Ultra, a score which was not replicated by hardware web sites.

A score of that magnitude not only means that ATI claim the 3DMark world record but that they have also built-up a significant lead from their rivals since 3K+ 3DMark points now separate them, an even bigger lead if the average score of 11,600 is accepted as the GF 6800s final yield.

Until now it was accepted by many that ATI would win at real-world gaming tests while nVidia would, in an ironic twist, hang on to 3DMark supremacy, this announcement casts some significant doubt over nVidia's ability to bounce back, even though it is expected that a GF 6800 Ultra Extreme board (450 MHz core clock, 1100 MHz GDDR3, 16 pixel pipelines, USD 599) will be announced shortly.

The system used by ATI to achieve this score was highly overclocked so it remains for us to see how the retail version of the card will compete with nVidia's flagship offering, provided one is announced. It is unlikely however, that the X800 XT Platinum Edition will disappoint, considering such impressive results and the fact that nVidia has already used up its 16 pipeline ace.

So at the System Builder Summit in Barcelona ATI claim to have achieved a new world record score of 15,738 using Futuremark's 3DMark03 graphics benchmark, easily breaking the previous, official score of 10,008, which was also set using ATI graphics technology.

The record score of 15,738 in 3DMark03 was set using the default screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels with 32-bit color depth, as required by Futuremark for eligibility in Futuremark’s Hall of Fame. A record score of 33,484 was also set in Futuremark’s popular 3DMark2001 benchmark at the same resolution.
Scores in UT2004 (147 fps) and Tomb Raider (76 fps) were posted using the most demanding image quality settings commonly used by the gaming community: 1600x1200 pixels with 32-bit color depth using 4X anti-aliasing and 8X anisotropic filtering.

All applications were run on a system featuring an overclocked RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition running at 715 MHz engine clocks and 639 MHz memory clocks, an overclocked Intel Pentium 4 Processor, 1 GB of DDR SDRAM, a 40 GB IDE hard drive, proprietary cooling technology, and CATALYST drivers that conform to the Futuremark specification for posting Hall of Fame benchmark scores.
Ati the way its meant to be played :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ihsahn

hmm

Post by Ihsahn »

well i personally a a Nvidia fan but bollocks thats a high score
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Good golly, miss molly! I think I'll take two of those! :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

OK guys, just wanted to let you guys know what some chinese guys did to this record!
Follow the link and check for urselves, AMAZING:

http://www.planetmars.co.za/forums/inde ... opic=13545

Courtesy of Gouhan!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey fishzn

That's seriously impressive, what that chinese guy managed there!

Not only that, but the other guy's results pictured there, show 17000+ in 3DMark '03... man, that is pretty wicked! :D

It's just a shame Futuremark are full of it, and so those scores won't be counted as legit (unless I misread something somewhere.)
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Alien_Hitter

Post by Alien_Hitter »

Who can i mug 4 a sys like that!
I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!
:cry:
AMD 2400+,512 kingmax DDR400, FX 5600xt
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Not only that, but the other guy's results pictured there, show 17000+ in 3DMark '03... man, that is pretty wicked!
Well futuremark didn't allow the compare to remain! So its still the chinese guys who hold the record! Still a screen shot is proof enough for me and i really wonder what that machine must be like if it can get 17000+ in 3dmark 03!

Cheers to the Next-Gen cards, everything is pointing towards us really being the beneficiaries this time!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"