New Chassis

Any hardware related topics go here.
Demoraliser

New Chassis

Post by Demoraliser »

So, it is not often I that I post here. Today I took delivery of a chassis that some of you may like. I got it for a build I plan to complete in the coming months.

Here is the box:

Behold, the mighty beautiful TJ07...

The infamous mobo tray, with the gaping hole. That has to go... most of TJ07 mods I have seen on the net have a custom tray. I might cannibalize my PC65 for it...

This is how it compares with the PC A77 in dimensions:

Next to my ol' faithful PC65:

The pictures don't do it much justice. It is a truly great looking case. The dimensions are just perfect. I will start a project log soon.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: New Chassis

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Queue the Jealousy .

Seriously, I love that case. I see you have some variation of the A77 as well. Pretty nice case that too.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote: ...I see you have some variation of the A77 as well. Pretty nice case that too...
Hi Dae! I have the older A77, the new one is much nicer looking me thinks.
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Who cares, you have a TJ07 :P

EDIT: You're right about that motherboard tray. Man, that thing is terrible. At least making a new one is a piece of cake, and you can make the new one perfect for your machine :)
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Piece of cake huh? Well, i will send you dimensions then, you make it! :P
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Demoraliser wrote:Piece of cake huh? Well, i will send you dimensions then, you make it! :P
Yeah man, motherboard trays are fairly simple objects. It's a sheet of aluminium with some bends and some holes in it :P
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Queue the Jealousy .

Seriously, I love that case. I see you have some variation of the A77 as well. Pretty nice case that too.
+1 What I would give to have one of those cases...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

-Prometheus- wrote:Making stuff is easy. It's sourcing materials that's a schlep.

Btw how much do you pay for aluminum?
Depends on the finish and the thickness. 1.2/1.6mm Aluminium would be pretty good for a motherboard tray, and a piece that size would be fairly cheap too. Probably about 40 bucks.
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Anakha56 wrote:
+1 What I would give to have one of those cases...
Make me an offer already! :D

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
Depends on the finish and the thickness. 1.2/1.6mm Aluminium would be pretty good for a motherboard tray, and a piece that size would be fairly cheap too. Probably about 40 bucks.
I was pleasantly surprised at the prices too, there are a couple of places here in CT that do Alu sheets...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah. Usually, if you buy off-cuts, it's significantly cheaper too. I got a piece about 3 times the size of your average motherboard tray for something like R70. These pieces are usually a little more scratched, but you're going to be sanding scratches away in the end anyway, so that's no problem.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

where do you mount the hdd's ?
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

The HDD cages are on the bottom [behind the two fans]. But that is all going to make room for a triple rad and D5 pump. I will have custom mounts in the 5.25 Bays.