Razer BlackWidow Mechanical (Testing?)

Any hardware related topics go here.
PsyCLown

Razer BlackWidow Mechanical (Testing?)

Post by PsyCLown »

Hey all,

I've been looking around at keyboards as I need to get a new one soon - my nice gaming one died.
I am considering the Razer Lycosa, I really like it. Although the Razer BlackWidow is out and has something new, something I think could be very nice actually.

When you press a key it gives you feedback. Now... I am considering going for the BlackWidow over the Lycosa although I would like to try one out before I purchase.

Do any of you know where I could possibly try one out? The sooner the better.

Thanks!!!
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Razer BlackWidow Mechanical (Testing?)

Post by KillerByte »

Razer hasn't sent me a test sample yet but after playing with a Tt eSport Meka G1which is also a mechanical keyboard I can tell you that its actually hard to go back to the Lycosa.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I see...

HmmZ, so you reckon the mechanical keyboards are much better?
Feels really good etc?

I'd still really like to try one out before buying though, just to make sure it does not irritate me or anything of that sort.

I am very tempted to get one. Do you perhaps know whether you can turn the feedback on / off ?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

You misunderstand how it works.

Do you remember the old IBM keyboards that made a big click when you pushed a key. Its tha sort of feedback. The action is mechanical in that it is metal on metal contact instead of a silicon membrane. The key doesn't even need to be pushed all the way down for it to make contact and register a keystroke.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahh, ok.

I see now. I did misunderstand.
Mechanical is quite cool, although perhaps i'll save myself a bit of cash and go for the Lycosa still...

I'd like a Mechanical Lycosa.

Spoiler (show)