Anyone going sandy bridge?

Any hardware related topics go here.
Smilodon111

Anyone going sandy bridge?

Post by Smilodon111 »

hey guys,

anyone saving up for sandy bridge or sticking to wat u got?

what about ATIs southern islands (HD6xxx)?

post away...

[Core i7 930] [12GB Corsair Dominator CL8 XMP 1.65v] [Asus Rampage II Extreme] [Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition 2GB DDR5] [Corsair HX-750W Modular] [32GB OCZ Onyx SSD] [3TB Seagate Barracuda's] [Coolermaster Cosmos S] [Coolermaster Sickle Flow 120's] [Logitech G11] [Razer Death Adder 3500DPI w/ Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Sized] [Logitech Z2300 THX] [Samsung Sync Master 2494HS 24" LCD]
cyberfox271

Re: Anyone going sandy bridge?

Post by cyberfox271 »

How many people even know what sandy bridge is gonna be packing? Most people would probably save up and be disappointed at the price then save up again for another few months and see all the negative comments on Socket change, price, etc. I myself was thinking, wait for sandy bridge, prices for the rest of the intel gizmos might go down as well, buying something maybe better still. This is my opinion of course, running amd because intel's prices are strict. Intel lover.
would you save up for it?
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

"You stupid dog, You make me look bad! awooga wooga wooga!"
Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

i cant agree with you more...i was actually thinking of going AMD for my next upgrade - i heard of bulldozer being released soon & the x6's are very tempting...cant say id go sandy bridge LGA1155 - but sandy bridge LGA2011 could be worth it :-D

[Core i7 930] [12GB Corsair Dominator CL8 XMP 1.65v] [Asus Rampage II Extreme] [Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition 2GB DDR5] [Corsair HX-750W Modular] [32GB OCZ Onyx SSD] [3TB Seagate Barracuda's] [Coolermaster Cosmos S] [Coolermaster Sickle Flow 120's] [Logitech G11] [Razer Death Adder 3500DPI w/ Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Sized] [Logitech Z2300 THX] [Samsung Sync Master 2494HS 24" LCD]
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

This could go anyway, intel would make fusion, upgrade it, and people would buy amd's version. Intel gonna make an 8 core, and people would buy amd's version. Not only because it's cheaper, but because most people only have gaming in mind when they go for an upgrade to an expensive upgrade. So I think intel's gonna make sandy bridge, more pins and all, then amd makes a cpu that makes your wallet happy. No doubt intel's gonna make another revolutionary step forward. One step for intel, one giant leap to our banks.
" Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy " - Aristotle

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

AMDs upcoming Bulldozer and Bobcat chips are completely new architecture.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

KALSTER wrote:AMDs upcoming Bulldozer and Bobcat chips are completely new architecture.
indeed they are & hopefully as good of a impact as the x6's were...i love my i7 but Amd's offerings are amazing.i honestly think my next system will be a bulldozer...

cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

How big of an impact did the other amd architectures make when they first came out?

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

cyberfox271 wrote:How big of an impact did the other amd architectures make when they first came out?
It has been up and down. When Intel had their Pentium 4s out, AMD trumped them with the Athlons. Then Intel brought out the Core2 series and have been tops performance wise ever since. AMD have been the first with some innovations though, but have fallen short on implementation. After the Phenom I fiasco, they have been fighting a good battle of price/performance and have been winning in many sectors. I really hope the new architectures will bring them at least level with the current Intel i series performance wise.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

Dude, I only really became interested in computing this year, opened my eyes to the great rip offs of the world. That aside, amd better still bring the same performance/price ratio they always have. In that respect, applause to amd. Intel, innovation. One day someone should buy both of those companies and force them to work together, that's when we'll get the best of the best.

GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

cyberfox271 wrote:One day someone should buy both of those companies and force them to work together, that's when we'll get the best of the best.
That's when an anti-monopoly investigation will stop that. Competition almost always end up being betting for the consumer.
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

cyberfox271 wrote:One step for intel, one giant leap to our banks.
I lolled.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

True. When there's competition they lower their prices and still try to beat the opponent. Imagine what would've happened if there wasn't any competition for Intel....Computers would then be for the really rich and famous.

DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I honestly can't be bothered. i7 is so freaking fast, I have absolutely no need for anything more. I've got an i7 965 XE, and this thing hasn't ever had to stretch its legs even.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

DUDE! mouth waters :jealous:

Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

yup - i7 has still got plenty of life (and power) to keep in the game - even after sandy bridge comes into the scene...but @ some point intels gonna force us to upgrade.

cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

What socket is your i7? 1366? I'm guessing that 1366 is also gonna go out of intel's catalog once 2011 and 1155 is out....Intel sucks when it comes to flexibility. i7 is enough for any game that's out now anyway. I really need to upgrade my celeron...and everything else too.

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Dont realy care about intel's new CPU tech with integrated graphics , dont think I have ever used integrated graphics since they will always suck and my Core 2 rig is fast enough for my gaming need's.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

cyberfox271 wrote:What socket is your i7? 1366? I'm guessing that 1366 is also gonna go out of intel's catalog once 2011 and 1155 is out....Intel sucks when it comes to flexibility. i7 is enough for any game that's out now anyway. I really need to upgrade my celeron...and everything else too.
Your "celeron" WTF were you thinking :x , and yea 1366 is already on its way out, what ever happened to the days when all CPU's used the same socket like LGA775 or the old socket 7(even AMD used it).
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

Dude! I've had this pc for like 4 years! It's my babe...it plays Crysis on medium man! Gonna get a new motherboard, ram and processor. Mostly overclocking gear. next year I'll add on to it. by the way, can a board that supports crossfireX also support Nvidia cards? I'm a little unsure that a board that supports crossfireX can support SLi

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

cyberfox271 wrote:Dude! I've had this pc for like 4 years! It's my babe...it plays Crysis on medium man! Gonna get a new motherboard, ram and processor. Mostly overclocking gear. next year I'll add on to it. by the way, can a board that supports crossfireX also support Nvidia cards? I'm a little unsure that a board that supports crossfireX can support SLi
Well it should, but Nvidia won't say that, but dont bother with SLI go for CrossfireX or even better get one realy powerfull card(HD5970)instead of two.
Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

lol yea - intel's built in gpu is garbage IMO - wonder whats going on with the larrebee they promised this year???

THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Smilodon111 wrote:lol yea - intel's built in gpu is garbage IMO - wonder whats going on with the larrebee they promised this year???
Well I am still waiting for that one, but am wondering if it will be good or not since their last GPU the i740 was a Fail(epic fail).
cyberfox271

Post by cyberfox271 »

The thing is I'm buying a new motherboard and I don't have a ati(amd) graphics card, so would it support a single nvidia card? otherwise I'd have to sell it and buy a 5800 series.

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

cyberfox271 wrote:The thing is I'm buying a new motherboard and I don't have a ati(amd) graphics card, so would it support a single nvidia card? otherwise I'd have to sell it and buy a 5800 series.
Any board will accept any single card, but if the manufacturer doesn't explicitly say that it supports both crossfire and SLI, then it probably won't. Not sure if there is a way to hack it though.
lol yea - intel's built in gpu is garbage IMO - wonder whats going on with the larrebee they promised this year???
AFAIK it has been scrapped. Development was taking too long and it would have been outdated as soon as it was launched.