FAR CRY

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
CALE24

FAR CRY

Post by CALE24 »

Hoooooly shhhiiiiiiiiii*. I loved the demo. Just got hold of the full game and it's IN.SANE. Latest Doom3 demo is also pretty tidy but Far Cry is just amazing. Close to perfection. Get it. Play it. 8O
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

where'd you get the demo from Cale?
tell me tell me tell me
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
CALE24

Post by CALE24 »

PC Format!!! Demo was on March cover disc! The full game however, fell out the sky...and onto my desk. :roll:
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

AAARRROOOOOOGGAAAA !!!

my copy hasn't arrived in the post yet.
COME ON POSTAL SYSTEM !!

/me drools
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

I got pretty bored playing it, and uninstalled it but that's probably just me. That said, the scenery looks amazing, and love the water, it's like you're actually on a tropical island, driving a boat and shooting people. :) It just got frustruating. But as they say never judge a game by it's demo so I'll check out the full game sooner or later.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
CALE24

Post by CALE24 »

The full game really does take the awe to amazing levels, trust me neon_c. Wait till you're standing at the top of some huge mountains with deep tropical valleys' inbetween, with a HANG-GLIDER lying in front of you. The multiplayer aspect is also part of the brilliance, my brother and I have discarded all other life duties because of it.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

man its cool. u can download another level. its a download of bout 40mb
ul find it here:
http://download.com.com/3000-7452-10267 ... g=lst-0-19
style121

Re: FAR CRY

Post by style121 »

CALE24 wrote:Hoooooly shhhiiiiiiiiii*. I loved the demo. Just got hold of the full game and it's IN.SANE. Latest Doom3 demo is also pretty tidy but Far Cry is just amazing. Close to perfection. Get it. Play it. 8O
What Doom demo? I only heard of a leaked Beta version and even that was too buggy to play unless you had patched it a couple of times.....

Got Far Cry coming in the post today or tomorrow whoohoooo!
halo

Post by halo »

What Doom demo? I only heard of a leaked Beta version and even that was too buggy to play unless you had patched it a couple of times.....
good point, ive only seen the beta verision and that wasnt even playable... but all i can say is that there is hope.

one last thing, how, o how did you get a copy of Far cry so quickly, if im not mistaken, it was released on the 24 of march in the states, so 2-3 days later some one in sa has it ? :?: :roll:

anyway if you have it, you gotta enjoy it :D

i loved the demo, but i cant wait to play the full game ( once i find some one in durban that has it).

anyway those are my thoughts on the bestest best game in whole wide world ( while till HL2 comes out :twisted: )
style121

Post by style121 »

Go to www.take2.co.za They've had it since the 19th. Not sure if thats true, but the fact that I got an e-mail yesterday saying its already been couriered down to me means that they've got the stock. These guys rock, and they always get the games before anyone else. They are legit yes!!!

Ordered unreal tourney 2004 but they're out of stock I'm afraid.
style121

Post by style121 »

Oh yeh, sorry, and kalahari.net also has it in stock. I think we get the game sooner than the states because it wasn't made in the states.... Ha ha, I love it! About friggin time!
simmy

Post by simmy »

bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

Looking forward to getting Far Cry.

As for Doom3, put this in your memory banks :-

The leaked version is called an "alpha", but all it really was, was a technology demo specifically for a booth at E3 2002 where the id guys demonstrated the basic tech.

Amazingly enough, on a high end PC, you can actually get a feel for where the game was heading from a basic intro and two unfinished levels. Bear in mind, by the time Doom3 will be released, this little bit of 'alpha' will be two years old !
Some games take only two years to develop.

Any so called "betas" or "patches" you may see floating around are bull - the patches are simply stuff anyone can do with the config files. The "betas" are released with some absolutely crapola user made content - or so I've heard. I won't lower myself to go near it. Yes, I mess around with the alpha - I'm interested in game editing and I couldn't help myself. Yes, if you have a high end machine, this little bit of content in the alpha is totally awesome. No, I don't know where to get it :) The policy I have is the same as doom3world.org - talk about it all you want, but don't post any content or screenshots. So far, id software and Activision have been cool with the doom3world.org site - most other sites have received a 'cease and desist' notice because they keep posting illegal content.

Rest assured, Doom3 is going to rock our worlds.

In terms of technology, I'd say it's ahead of Far Cry in most ways, but won't use the same stuff as far cry - obviously Far Cry is set on a tropical island and Doom3 is set on Mars and in Hell :twisted:

But this weekend, I have a feeling I may visit a tropical island !
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I got Far Cry this Saturday - it's very impressive.. Quite difficult though. Unfortunately I can only run it at medium details 1024x768 res.

Describing gameplay, I would say it's a combination of Delta Force, Splinter Cell and Quake...

I can't wait to try out the multiplayer.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
halo

Post by halo »

hi al, i got my hands on FARCRy and i cried far and wide when the game lagged SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much i couldnt even see what was happening :cry: :cry: but i run over to my friends house and installed. to my amazement( not real, just added it for the sake of it) it run wonderfully well on his machine( damn it, i must have the cra* pc in the world) and within 2 hours we had a small lan going with some of his friends. the mutiplay : one word to describ MIND-BLOWING. it was brillent.

so if you havent tried it by now do it, you'll never look back..........
:wink:
Thinice

Post by Thinice »

Lag is bad even on full settings on 1280 x 1024 using a 9800XT - should it be???

Can any one tell me if the 5.1 sound works, can not get mine to work, Have noticed that the movies from time to time work on 5.1 but in game sounds do not....

Help....
style121

Post by style121 »

You've got lag with a 9800xt? You sure you were sold an Ati? And not a BTI?

What processor are you running? I've got a 9700 Pro and P4 2.8, and the game runs like a dream at 1024 x 768. The 5.1 surround sound also works brilliantly, and if I didn't have it in the game, I wouldn't have made it as far as I am now. Positional audio is the only way to play these games....
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Thinice wrote:Lag is bad even on full settings on 1280 x 1024 using a 9800XT - should it be???

Can any one tell me if the 5.1 sound works, can not get mine to work, Have noticed that the movies from time to time work on 5.1 but in game sounds do not....

Help....
What processor are you running, how much system RAM do you have? What OS are you using?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Thinice

Post by Thinice »

No jokes now

Here it is:
P4 - 3 gig, 800fsb, HT On
1 gig ddr 400
300 watt psu
XP Pro - service pack 1A
Direct X 9.0B
Brand new Drivers for card off ATI

Any more ideas, just spoke to a friend of mine and he said his is running fine on full settings, also has the XT

Card seems fine as i got 6420 on 3DMark 03
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Do other games run well? Far Cry should be playable on your system at highest details.

Thinice

Post by Thinice »

Yes All run fine

But UT 2004 also has the same feel more or less, its like this

When in the game and you walk from side to side, not strafe, and them when you move your pointer to the center of the screen I get a bit of a shake (not a ripple), its not totally smooth

Could it be a Vsync issue or a refresh rate issue maybe???
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Hmm I did notice that it was a little "jerky" in some places, but it didn't bother me much I assume it has something to do with Vsync.

halo

Post by halo »

hi, i have a feeling that try in something wrong with the whole set up here, how can i say this.... oh yes, i sense a disturbance in the force.. yes thats rite....

nyway back to what i was saying: according to sources your system is over and above what is needed to play the everything maxed out, but the res, i think is the problem (then again if i try to play a game, any game at that res my pc would just laugh at me). another problem might be that you have Vsync switch on in your graphic's card settings... i dont know but i hav a feeling it may be that...

cheers :wink:
Thinice

Post by Thinice »

Unfortunately it is switched off!!!

What im concerned about is when I drop the res all is perfect 100%
Mephesto-AF-

Post by Mephesto-AF- »

I seem to have the same problem with the lag in the game. Then I droped the settings to high instead of very high and all was fine and dandy.