WebAfrica - Excellent service

Network problem solving and tweaks
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

WebAfrica - Excellent service

Post by KillerByte »

Hi

I recently got a telephone line at my place and placed an ADSL order with WebAfrica for an ADSL account and the ADSL line.

Since the line bit takes between 4 - 6 weeks to get sorted I did not bug them. When I did bug them I got a friendly email saying that they had not heard from Telkom yet.

Today I received an SMS telling me that my line was completed. 3 minutes later I received a phone call from a very nice lady that confirmed it all. Checked my gmail and had emails from WA listing all my details and requesting that I just verify the line. Line is verified :)

I decided to contact on of the support guys and ask a little question about my dad's ADSL order.
He has ordered a router from them as well as his account. The support guy, Jonathan, told me that the routers do not normally ship with the account details already programmed in. He said that it can be done and when I asked about extra charge he replied saying that there is none. Gave him my dad's details and now when my dad's DSL line is ready and they send him the router I don't have to worry about anything.

This is stellar service from WebAfrica and I will continue to use them if their service is this excellent in the future,compared to Telkom its like night and day.

Well done WebAfrica!
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Re: WebAfrica - Excellent service

Post by Anthro »

If I remember correctly, one of our forumites (no names mentioned) unless he comes clear here is a tech support manager @ W/A
I have experienced similar satisfaction with them in the past !
Good on you Webafrica
Temporary Absence
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Hi KillerByte,

Thanks a lot for the kind words towards Web Africa. We definately do strive to provide the best customer service out there and comments like these boost agents performance drastically!

I will definately pass your compliments onto Johnathan

Anthropoid, That is correct yes, I am a manager at Web Africa. Thanks go to you too for the compliments
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Well Goldy, I'm sick of WA.

I've been with you guys for ages, but my connection is pathetic lately. At least once a week, I can't connect. My axxess account has never given me any trouble, but sometimes my WA account will just randomly disconnect itself and then be inaccessible for a few hours. Next month I'm moving to someone else.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

^^^ PWN'd :shock:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO, Unfortunately we have been experiencing some difficulties with our Radius server for the past few days. Our developers are aware of the issue and seems to be resolved now

Have you logged a support ticket regarding this?
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

This has been going on for something like 2 months already though, this isn't recent. I haven't logged anything, no. Should I?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:This has been going on for something like 2 months already though, this isn't recent. I haven't logged anything, no. Should I?

Uhh...generally, yes you do.

It's almost like complaining when the mechanic is going to fix your car without actually taking it in first.

Bottom line is: If they don't know it's broke, then how are they supposed to fix it? :wink:
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

g0ldback, you can add Elridge to that list of fine personnel you have working at WA. Just been helping me now and he's phoning Telkom to get them to verify my line. Excellent customer support!
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I am now happily using my 384k connection thanks to WebAfrica and the excellent staff that work there!