HTC TYTN II Owners - You happy with your phone?

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
DAE_JA_VOO

HTC TYTN II Owners - You happy with your phone?

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I've got an HTC Touch, and i'm starting to wish i had a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, so the TYTN II is something i'm looking at.

Are you happy with your device?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Prime

Re: HTC TYTN II Owners - You happy with your phone?

Post by Prime »

My best friend has one and loves it. :D
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Very good phone , i love it .......the keyboard really saves time coz i use it maily for email (yahoo, gmail, msn, telkom mail and exchange mail) and it’s as tough as nails , it fell in the toilet still works …..
WM6.1 has a couple of bugs with the phone (things that worked fine in WM6.0) is now a but doggy, like it does not remember my setting for the backlight nor for my phone log (call register) that that I have learned to live with

The screen sux if u use IE for web browsing, but with opera mini , its Wonderfull.
It does hang from time to time , but that I think is normal.
I love it , I think if this one gets stolen or becomes a door stop, I’ll get the exact same on

Only real complaint of this phone is, the volume is soft, (very bad speaker) I hardly hear the alarm in the morning, so I had to buy a alarm clock.
But in call sound is excellent

PS
that game bubbles is very addictive !!!!!
O yeah, if u plan on using active sync the bat life wil only last a day or so !!!
Mow

Post by Mow »

I know its not really what you asked but have you seen the sony ericson xperia ?
Asus Rampage Formula : E8400@4000 : 4GB Mushkin Frostbite @1066/5.5.5.15/TRD6
Sapphire 4870 Toxic 1GB: Coolermaster HAF : BlackIce360 Rad : Apogee GT : DTek-Customs Rez.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I've been happy with mine. As teh Fishy says, WM6.1 has some bugs with it. The most irritating thing I've found since WM6.1 is that it sometimes hangs for a few seconds. Like, it becomes totally unresponsive. So you have to tap the screen a few times, or if you're using the keyboard you have to retype. Which is irritating when you're looking at the keyboard instead of the screen, then go back to what you've typed and find that it skipped a few characters because it froze. Doesn't happen often, but enough to be memorable. Never happened with WM6.

The qwerty keyboard is wonderful ... unless you happen to try sending an SMS while driving. Which isn't really something you should be doing anyway, but some wives get a little angsty if they don't get immediate replies to their SMSes. Even if you're just around the corner and will be home in about two minutes to answer their question in person. But you shouldn't have that problem. Yet.

:mrgreen:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Just a tad bit off topic Fish have you looked over at the xda developer forums? You might find a app or 2 to help you with the backlight settings.

DJV have you looked at the touch diamond pro? Your thoughts on it?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
pienkie

Post by pienkie »

I used to have a Touch, but then got the opportunity to trade for a TyTNII and took it. It's a great phone, but it is flippen bulky. It is a lot faster than the Touch (which I found to be a little sluggish at times) and the touchscreen is a lot more responsive, but I find it hard to justify the price difference to be really honest [NOTE: I do not use the GPS at all, so that adds no value to me].

If you need the keyboard though (like I did), I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
AMD Tri-Core 720BE @ 3.5Ghz
Biostar TA790GX A3+
4gig OCZ Platinum DDR3-1333
ATI HD4890 @ 1050Mhz Mem / 900Mhz Core

3DMark06: 16 529
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Mow wrote:I know its not really what you asked but have you seen the sony ericson xperia ?
I have, but i don't want to be throwing too much money around on unnecessary stuff like phones at the moment ;)

Anakha56 wrote:DJV have you looked at the touch diamond pro? Your thoughts on it?
Sexy as hell (where does that expression even come from?!), but as i said, i don't want to be throwing cash around at the moment :(

Hmmm, thanks for all the replies guys :)

Anyone keen on trading for my Touch? I've got a MAD custom ROM loaded on it, much faster, much nicer :P
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

ok since this is a TyTn II thread , what other 3rd party apps are u guys guys running!!!

I just have leaf locate
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

I haven't had any of the issues fishy had, the only thing I have had is the non-responsiveness Stu spoke about, but it's nothing major.

My phone is better since 6.1, not worse.

Dae, I'd recommend it man, it's a great phone.
to ápeiro anima
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

UrBaN, is your one sold ??
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

No bro I kept it hey...went looking at the phones out there - there is nothing that offers a significant upgrade over my current phone, so I'm keeping it.
to ápeiro anima
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

TYTN II FTW