Vodacom 3G???

Network problem solving and tweaks
TheModDoctor

Vodacom 3G???

Post by TheModDoctor »

What is up with vodacom's 3G? Lats night the 3G went down, and I had to switch over to GPRS. Today my router connects with 3G and nothing is wrong, except the part that I have internet access... My 3G card's blue light is on, as is the router's blue light. When I connect wirelessly to the router with Wireless Network Ignition I get no errors and the app even tells me that there is internet connectivity (which is always accurate). But nothing loads within either Firefox or IE. I restarted my PC and router several times, and I have tried to connect my pc to the router via a LAN cable, but this also didn't help. In all the struggle, I got online momentarily (google loaded), but then it crashed again. The only way I can get online is to switch over to GPRS mode again - which is CRAP slow! :evil:
And ss a result of all this I missed the deadline for the junkmail ads to placed, and now I have to wait another full week before my RAM gets advertised :evil:
WTH is with vodacom?
UrBaN

Re: Vodacom 3G???

Post by UrBaN »

I had a similar problem recently - changed proxies and it worked.

cache.saix.co.za:8080
to ápeiro anima
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

hmmm, I've been stuck with Vodacom '2G' for the last two days. Using a Vodafone 3G modem on my XP laptop.
Been blaming the rural setting - I'm in Orania at the moment - but might it be something else? :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

its been unstable this whle flippen week here in kempton park.
it sucks!
and then they still try to tell me its my settings.
idiots. how can it be my settings when they were working fine previously?!
anyways, there is definately a problem that they must be trying to sort out, but blaming everyone else but themselves while they try figure out what it is!
1rr3t4t3d

Post by 1rr3t4t3d »

doo_much wrote:hmmm, I've been stuck with Vodacom '2G' for the last two days. Using a Vodafone 3G modem on my XP laptop.
Been blaming the rural setting - I'm in Orania at the moment - but might it be something else? :?
WTF you doing there ..

oh, and what irritates me is, it is clearly a network problem, and we pay a crap load for that service , and when it has issues we are still expected to pay, and we dont even get any compensation for our frustration.
Even Congregate thinks I am 1337
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

1rr3t4t3d wrote:
doo_much wrote:hmmm, I've been stuck with Vodacom '2G' for the last two days. Using a Vodafone 3G modem on my XP laptop.
WTF you doing there ..
I thought I'd spend my holidays catching up on some culture. Much like Rincewind.... :mrgreen:

1rr3t4t3d wrote: oh, and what irritates me is, it is clearly a network problem, and we pay a crap load for that service , and when it has issues we are still expected to pay, and we dont even get any compensation for our frustration.
+1
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Aha! My 3G service is back online! 3G is so beautiful... :lol: