South African Graphic Design Community

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
IOIIOOIO

South African Graphic Design Community

Post by IOIIOOIO »

Hi all. I'm new to the forums, I'm browsing from my cell so please excuse me if I double post or post bad links, I try to avoid it if possible.

Anyway, I like to see there is a graphic design community here and look forward to contributing, however I'm also interested in finding other groups/forums/websites dedicated to the South African Web and Graphic Design community.

So post your links, they can be Forums; Groups; Or Websites.
IOIIOOIO

Re: South African Graphic Design Community

Post by IOIIOOIO »

Anyone???

I've found a group on facebook by the name of NATiVE JOiNT. They'll occasionally spam your inbox with latest news, cool links, and sometimes even job offers. They also have a myspace site by the same name although I haven't checked it yet.

Also another cool site is www.laughitoff.co.za I think it's pretty old but still cool to see what our fellow South Africans are up to.
"When the going gets weird the weird turn pro." - Raoul Duke
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

Pixofile is a young community that aims to be a free, accessible resource for enthusiastic artists in South Africa. We hope to give free access to information, tutorials, resources, critique and competitions to people who enjoy creating artwork, or who are interested in entering the industry in future.

We hope to make people internationally aware of South African artists, and that there are talented people in South Africa.
Pixofile

Check it out it may be exactly what you looking for :wink:
"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you?"
Zana

Post by Zana »

Dwayno wrote:
Pixofile is a young community that aims to be a free, accessible resource for enthusiastic artists in South Africa. We hope to give free access to information, tutorials, resources, critique and competitions to people who enjoy creating artwork, or who are interested in entering the industry in future.

We hope to make people internationally aware of South African artists, and that there are talented people in South Africa.
Pixofile

Check it out it may be exactly what you looking for :wink:
Does it also offer the user to have there own Gallery, make freinds, collect freinds, view freinds art like Deviant Art?
Love and hugs
Danielle
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

Yes it does.
No exactly like Deviant Art but something to that effect. See for yourself I'm sure you will like it members from pixofile are on Deviant Art aswell. :)
Zana

Post by Zana »

Dwayno wrote:Yes it does.
No exactly like Deviant Art but something to that effect. See for yourself I'm sure you will like it members from pixofile are on Deviant Art aswell. :)
Thanks, ((^_^)) when i get some time i see about it...added it to bookmarks
Love and hugs
:-)
((^_^))
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

On dA there is a sight for South Africans - http://loving-mzantsi.deviantart.com/
Zana

Post by Zana »

Dwayno wrote:Yes it does.
The only problem is that its just a forum, and images are not hosted on site but have to remote load from elswhere, as users mostly used photo-bucket.
Love and hugs
Danielle
((^_^))
Tribble wrote:On dA there is a sight for South Africans - http://loving-mzantsi.deviantart.com/
Thanks tribble :-)
I will check it out when i get I get uncapped:-)
:love1:
:-)
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

The only problem is that its just a forum, and images are not hosted on site but have to remote load from elswhere, as users mostly used photo-bucket.
Love and hugs
Danielle
((^_^))
Yes thats soon to come :D
Zana

Post by Zana »

Dwayno wrote:
Love and hugs
Danielle
((^_^))
I hope so, handy having a gallary on SA bandwidth when the cap hammer slams your cap and gives you a headache... ((giggles))
as at the moment local isnt lekker , its ****. lol, hulle sal dit lekker maak , hopefully.
(((hugs)))
Dwayno

Post by Dwayno »

Zana wrote:
Dwayno wrote:
Love and hugs
Danielle
((^_^))
I hope so, handy having a gallary on SA bandwidth when the cap hammer slams your cap and gives you a headache... ((giggles))
as at the moment local isnt lekker , its ****. lol, hulle sal dit lekker maak , hopefully.
(((hugs)))
The gallery thing is now there Danielle so your artwork can be hosted locally now.