Direct sound drivers

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Azaro

Direct sound drivers

Post by Azaro »

Hope this is the right place to post my question here,but here it goes. Iv added me a tv tuner card yesterday but upon recording i got no sound from it i then checked my sound drivers wich was a vinyl deck of avio i think cos i uninstalled it and now i dont have any sound. You guys know perhaps whr i can download another sound driver?
Last edited by Azaro on 28 Jul 2008, 09:02, edited 2 times in total.
Azaro

Post by Azaro »

Oh ya, im running windows xp professional 2003 nt sure wich service pack
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Do you not have any sound at all, or just when you record tv tuner :?:
Is your sound card a PCI add-on, or is it built onto the motherboard like most sound cards these days?

No sound at all would entail sticking in your motherboard driver CD and reinstalling the sound drivers from there.
Otherwise visiting the vendors website and getting updated drivers from there would be a viable option.

No sound only while recording would entail you reading the user manual for your tuner card.
Also consider possibly visiting the manufacturers website to read the FAQ's and support documents and /or forums.
As it is likely that it is a software setting or some kind of incompatibility issue at the root of your dilemma.

Failing that, give us the make and model of your motherboard, & TV Tuner, and if you are fortunate, a member of these forums might be able to assist you in finding a solution.
Azaro

Post by Azaro »

I just bought me now a sound card cos i didnt have one in when i get home ill hook everything up and post my findings. Thanx bru