Radiator positioning?

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
Kenjutsu

Radiator positioning?

Post by Kenjutsu »

I was looking at the Koolance External (Exos) units. This got me wondering about the positioning of the radiator. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the way they position the rad (fans facing up), as opposed to the rad standing upright?
Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. - Miyamoto Musashi
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Probably has something to do with preheated air leaving the back of the case more then the top (although most cases follow this idea there are a few exceptions). I have seen cases where the radiators are lifted 50% higher to allow an increase in cool air.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Kenjutsu not as far as I know, I think where ever you going to get the best air flow through the radiator will give you the best performance.
Kenjutsu

Post by Kenjutsu »

Skidd wrote:Kenjutsu not as far as I know, I think where ever you going to get the best air flow through the radiator will give you the best performance.
These units, do they blow the air out on top, or do they suck in air from the top?
Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. - Miyamoto Musashi
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Out upwards as hot air rises.
Kenjutsu

Post by Kenjutsu »

Thanks Skidd!