Computer Room Lighting Ergonomics

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Computer Room Lighting Ergonomics

Post by neon_chameleon »

Hey guys,

Sorry haven't been around much. Been very busy with work and been having some issues with pc usage. Part of the issue relates to this question.

Anyway, does anybody know what is the best computer usage lighting to use? We all know that in most office environments that they use fluorescent lamps with downward reflectors but I'm looking for something that provides ample light, no screen reflection, keeping contrast and brightness levels of the monitor unaffected while not having it too bright. Also at the same time providing ambient light and no glare, while not heating up the air.

Anybody got any ideas or what do you guys use for extensive pc use or any share any knowledge on lighting ergonomics?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Try an LED light. I have one above my desk pointing to the roof. Plenty light and no glare. Also the globe uses minimal power and doesn’t get hot at all. Works plenty well considering how cramped. My work environment is… :idea:
If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger gun...
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

@ Lukas, I must get one of those. Only thing is my bro has three as his main light and they are very dim. Is your's also dim?
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

not at all. The fixture was a little expensive but I use the spotlight type. thats why it points to the roof. its too bright directly on my desk
If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger gun...
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

My bro got a ceiling mounted 3 light thing. He's got a dimmer switch but even on full it's very dim
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook