modding guides

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
doom5003

modding guides

Post by doom5003 »

does any one know where i can download free modding guides. i want to get into the modding buz but i dont know where too start and what tool too use, and how to use them, plz
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

i don't have time to browse through endless search results, and i'm looking for something simple to start with
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Your going to need tons of patience to mod, so start it with google...

It depends on the type of modding you want to do, the tools you have, the budget...

We cant find a perfect modding guide for you...

Start with - Buy the PCF and do the LED mod in it (Created by DJV of these here forums...)
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Or just check out www.daejavoo.com. He's just started, but he's planning on adding more modding guides monthly. (We hope!)
doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

i have done that mod, and that was what made me want to start modding everything. i heard that case modding is easy because u work with a larger work space and less small things
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

What case do you have?

Lets see some of the mods you've done so far
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

i have only done small thing like that LED mod in PCF that Slasher talked about, but i wanna go BIGGER!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

doom5003 wrote:i have done that mod, and that was what made me want to start modding everything. i heard that case modding is easy because u work with a larger work space and less small things
I'm glad that that guide inspired you to mod :D

You're right, case modding IS easy. I think it's VERY easy, but what makes it "hard" is that you need to be VERY patient and you must be dedicated, otherwise you're gonna quit out of pure laziness half way through.

Anyway, like schase said, i will be updating my site with a new guide every month, but if you want more, google really is your friend. You need to first decide what it is that you want to mod, and how you want to mod it, and if you can't figure it out on your own, ask google, or ask right here, i'm sure we can help you :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Also check out the modding thread, there a few guides there
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Also check "this" thread. Most of the stuff you might need to mod you can get from those suppliers.

For your basic tools I would suggest you start with a Pencil grinder/Engraver/Dremel. You can get a nice one at Makro for about R250. Or go to Builders Warehouse and get the real thing, original Dremel, for about R500 (Can't remember the exact price). Then you would need some sanding paper starting at say 200 grit and get upto 2000 grit. And remember to get some 400, 800 and 1200 grit as well. That is to smooth any Plexi/Perspex you might work on. Get a decent set of screw drivers, pliers, side cutters and a hammer (for those times you really need to let go of some stress...). There are many other small tools you should consider as well like a square and measuring tape as well. Maybe a center punch as well to work accurately on metal. a Drill is always handy. If anyone else can add stuff then do so. :D

Hope this helped :D
doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

thanx guys. and one of these days u might even see some of my modding picks