some one call the competition commision

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Prime

some one call the competition commision

Post by Prime »

Or the press ombudsmen. :evil:

I think PCF has lost its objectivity. absolutely no mention in the last few mags of any AMD boards exept a few tiny adverts. :evil:

so tell me how much intel is paying you guys... :wink:

You're alll busy running around punting intel compatibles. and its not just this mag but like 3 others by different publishers. even incredible corruption is hopping on this bandwagon.

can we please have some objectivity?

intel boards are damn expensive and not all you seem to think they are... HOW about a fair comparison against AMD. Not ALL of us want intel processors. :roll: :x

How about a single review of an AMD board. :?:

Pretty please :?:
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

so you want reviews on AM2 boards?

why? AMD has already announcerd the AM3 boards. so any chip you get now won't fit.

why not intel? th core 2 chips are the best value for money.

why am i even wasting my time.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Prime

Post by Prime »

and the cost of an intel board and processor... :x

um Actually it will fit an AM2 board which is perfectly fine with me...

best value for money - don;'t make me laugh... how would you know if there is nothing to compare them against... :roll:
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Im with KillerByte
Core 2 is kicking bottom and everybody whats to get one.
AMD has not done anything special in a long time.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I agree with Vexo. Although, I've ONLY bought AMD chips and boards in the last couple years, and they've been great. A monopoly ANYWHERE in ANYTHING is a bad idea...I'm guessing the reason Intel got their A$$ into gear was because AMD was starting to gain a large market share...I could, of course, be wrong.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

@ da_ripper --> http://www.amd.com

Here you will get enough info to lull you into the false sense of security that you were right to go AMD and that you indeed have the best value for money, most omnipotent system on the planet... here Intel doesn't exist and C2D is but a story told to scare unruly employees to get them to conform...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Prime

Post by Prime »

you have all missed the point, now stop spamming this thread...

:roll:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Vexo wrote:Im with KillerByte
Core 2 is kicking bottom and everybody whats to get one.
AMD has not done anything special in a long time.
I don't want core 2 for one, i hate intel, and as i have said countless times AMD isstill cheaper... not all of us have been born with large bank balances... and even if i did want an intel, i cant affrod one...
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

amd not cheaper...

You want objective reviews... Intel whips AMD...

That is the fact at the moment... for years you only read about AMD and you didnt jump on your soapbox and demand INTEL reviews...

Gi sit in the corner...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Prime

Post by Prime »

cost of an AMD 4000+ processor R1200, cost of an nforce 570 sli board about R1500. Now go spack to school and learn to spell :wink:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Core2 1.8ghz CPU - R1800
Motherboard - R1200

The core2 will kill the amd...

I can spell... I just dont see the worth in taking the effort to spell correctly when I talk to you...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

wait lets see Intel has released how many new products? Intel have how many new motherboards supporting said products? How long have said products been out for? oh and just to throw a final nail in the coffin AMD have not released anything "new" nor have there been any new motherboard breakthrough's with AMD's. So to sum it all up there is nothing new for PCF to write about AMD its all been said and dusted. However with Intel there are still many a thing to write about.

One last question, are you going to complain when AMD release there barcelona core in Q3 that there are not enough Intel products being marketed? Thought not :roll:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Anakha56 wrote:wait lets see Intel has released how many new products? Intel have how many new motherboards supporting said products? How long have said products been out for? oh and just to throw a final nail in the coffin AMD have not released anything "new" nor have there been any new motherboard breakthrough's with AMD's. So to sum it all up there is nothing new for PCF to write about AMD its all been said and dusted. However with Intel there are still many a thing to write about.

One last question, are you going to complain when AMD release there barcelona core in Q3 that there are not enough Intel products being marketed? Thought not :roll:
all i'm asking for is a fair comparrison, between the intel and AMD stuff out at the moment.

as i've said, you've all missed the point, there are plenty of amd boards around and new ones keep being released... but not a single review... :?: :roll:

i hardly call the current array of intel tech out, brand spanking new. it may be more recent than AMD but its hardly new...

and slasher, considering you don't read the mag, why the hell do you care, and what are you doing in the mag section of this forum therefore...

now all of you go play in the intel vs AMD thread and harass AMD fans there...
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

I'm in on that.
I'm also interested in what AMD is doing at the moment.
I'm interested and I've never used AMD in my life. I'm an Intel fanboy, but I'll switch to AMD if I should.

I also want some general stratagies as to what AMD is going to do to combat Intel, so on so on.
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Prime

Post by Prime »

M1ke wrote:I'm in on that.
I'm also interested in what AMD is doing at the moment.
I'm interested and I've never used AMD in my life. I'm an Intel fanboy, but I'll switch to AMD if I should.

I also want some general stratagies as to what AMD is going to do to combat Intel, so on so on.

yay :!:

thank you :wink:
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

This is not the Intel vs AMD thread.

Get back on topic (whatever the topic is) or this will get locked.
Rikkelz

Post by Rikkelz »

Da_ripper I think relax just a little. It's more of a case of Intel being more of a newsy topic right now than AMD stuff. Just my opinion...
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Sorry but AMD is boring at the moment... Wait until next gen is released. The biggest thing to happen in terms of hardware releases lately from AMD is the AMD 690G chipset which features integrated graphics and HDMI outputs. Hardly exciting but you should see motherboard reviews in 1 to 2 months.

AMD will make headlines later this month with R600. But I wouldn't expect reviews to be in PCF until May, maybe June.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
ddp

Post by ddp »

Hey guys,

The reason there hasn't been much AMD stuff in the mag lately is for the exact reasons you've discussed here - they are very, very quiet. Even liaising with their PR people specifically to dig up the dirt on anything worth talking about has yielded very little of interest to the enthusiast market.

The most interesting thing we've come across lately is the FX-74 processor (a review of which is coming up in the April edition, just don't get your hopes up that it's the Next Best Thing), but even that was a UK review which we used as getting hold of actual FX-74s has thus far not proved possible. Keeping the magazine up to date with all the latest hardware when it is not always available here is harder than you think...

AMD also released a 6000+ recently, but its value is highly debatable. There's just nothing exciting happening, and it looks like we're going to have to wait for the next-gen stuff in order to get excited about AMD again.

I've been an AMD fan since the old K2 days, I've used (and abused) their processors over the years in ways which I am sure their designers never intended, but at the moment, they just don't provide as much value as Intel's Core 2 chips do. My loyalties have shifted from rooting for the underdog to rooting for whoever is able to deliver the best performance for the best price, and right now that crown is definitely on Intel's head.

On the issue of unbalanced coverage, I admit, there has been a dearth of AMD motherboards in the reviews pages (simply because nothing has changed too much on that front) and that will be rectified in the coming months for those of you who are interested in what's out there (just not April, sorry guys!).

So, we're listening, and taking your views into consideration. I sincerely hope the rest of the year is going to yield amazing advances from AMD, and that the CPU war will once again heat up, allowing us to do some decent comparisons and satisfy both camps that we're doing all we can to bring you all the goings-on in the hardware world.

Cheers

Deon
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Thanks for that perfect explanation.

Its refreshing to see the PCF staff on the forums.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

maxxis wrote: Its refreshing to see the PCF staff on the forums.
I second that !
Temporary Absence
Prime

Post by Prime »

thanks Guys. thats good to know. i'll keep a look out over the next fiew months. woot!

and nice to see the staff getting involed in the discussions on the forums...

Personally i can't wait until the next gen is released. it going to be interesting to see the R600 combo thingy...