Help with graphics - photoshop add

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
proaTt

Help with graphics - photoshop add

Post by proaTt »

*i have edited your title and moved it to graphics - jee*
Last edited by proaTt on 11 Sep 2006, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

comon??? anyone???
LinkX

Post by LinkX »

hint - when using photoshop use Imageready and photoshop there is a thing to switch betwwen them in the file menu
__________Image__________
Image---I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message...---Image
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

hehe thx,im not really asking for hints,asked a favour,if someone culd make like an advert,ill give all the details now,t
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

da da da
Last edited by proaTt on 11 Sep 2006, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I'll do it for $6000.
human slave in an insect nation
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

lol :( thats not nice, please help me out here,it wont take long? please Leigh?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I wasn't joking... that's my minimum fee for work. Sorry mate, but I don't work for free, and neither should anyone else.
Especially not when it's a job for an actual company - your boss should be willing to pay if he wants something done.

Just my 2c :)

I don't mean this to sound nasty or snobbish, but if you want a job done, then you should expect to have to pay for it. If people work for free, then they tend to get exploited :(
human slave in an insect nation
SLIP
Processor: Intel Sandy bridge i7-2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3
Graphics card: GeForce GTX560TOP OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Post by SLIP »

I agree with Leigh,
But I can do it for $5000.......
capanno

Post by capanno »

Hell I'll do it for R1000!

Leigh is that what they pay you in the US? Damn! It seems like I should get fully into that industry! Im halfway there... :P
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Belix

Post by Belix »

er, I imagine Leigh is more than 'halfway' into the industry to command $6,000 a job, but yeah.
I wonder how much an advertising place here would charge?
Anyway, i'll shut-up now, because I'm way off topic.

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Your avg advertising agency will charge around R1500 - R1995 for an A4 advert or around R250 - R350 per hour.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Belix wrote:I wonder how much an advertising place here would charge?
My girlfriend is a Graphic Designer here, and trust me, nowhere near that amount... I'm guessing that's the rate for the high end sector of the market that Leigh works in...

But back on track, like Leigh has mentioned, you're gonna have to pay for it dude... Do you work for free, of course not! So if your boss expects a professionally designed advert he should also expect to shell out some cash for it, no? If you're interested in having something designed, give me a shout, there will be a charge though... :)
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

ryanrich wrote:
Belix wrote:I wonder how much an advertising place here would charge?
My girlfriend is a Graphic Designer here, and trust me, nowhere near that amount... I'm guessing that's the rate for the high end sector of the market that Leigh works in...

But back on track, like Leigh has mentioned, you're gonna have to pay for it dude... Do you work for free, of course not! So if your boss expects a professionally designed advert he should also expect to shell out some cash for it, no? If you're interested in having something designed, give me a shout, there will be a charge though... :)
You refer to the $6000? or my rates?
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

The $6000. Your rates are about spot on...
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Hehe. Thought so.

Bottom line ProaTt. No designer in his/her right mind will design an advert for anybody for free. We have to make our cash somehow. Your boss isn't gonna give me his stock for free. Is he?
capanno

Post by capanno »

Or maybe proatT is trying to get it for free so he can pocket the money his boss gave him for the add. :P

*jk!*
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I have to agree with everyone else here. If you perhaps asked for someone to help with an avie or sig you may have been in luck but this is for a business.

This will be very important to the business (trust me on this one) and you should at least be prepared to spend a few well earned notes on getting it done properly.

Otherwise start fiddling with photoshop but then bear in mind colours cause you also gonna have to pay for printing costs too ........................... im not even gonna get into the rgb vs cmyk colour choices if you wanna send your own design in for printing

It won't cost you anything to get a quotation from someone in your area

maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

I agree Stevo. If you have no idea of what the difference is between CMYK and RGB and Repro and Printing and Possitives and Negative and Indigo & Offset etc etc etc. then rather leave the design work to the guys who studied to do it.

It hurts the industry when "kid A" designs an advert or website for R2,95 and cocks it up. People get used to bad quality and cheap prices. It sucks.

The good things in life cost more money.
capanno

Post by capanno »

Hear hear!
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Stevo wrote: Otherwise start fiddling with photoshop but then bear in mind colours cause you also gonna have to pay for printing costs too ........................... im not even gonna get into the rgb vs cmyk colour choices if you wanna send your own design in for printing
Erm, sorry, but this is something that I'm seriously interested in. Now, I know that RGB is for "Red Green Blue", and I'm assuming that CYMK is for "Cyan, Magenta, Yellow," but what's the K?

Now, newspapers print in CYMK, yes? So what is the difference between a PhotoShop image in RGB and CYMK that I find on the net? I've also noticed that there's a visual difference between the two - is this just me or is there really?

Anybody care to explain? Please? I'd appreciate it! :P
capanno

Post by capanno »

CMYK is the color that a printer uses. As in "Printing companies". Digital printers are here now, and theyll replace the need to make "plates" (hell I dont know what it is in english!). These "plates" are transparent sheets with the color info of each color, CMY and K. Like big alpha channels in Photoshop. Maxxis please help me with the words!
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

C- Cyan
M - Magenta
Y - Yellow
K - Key aka Black

You printing companies and most printers for that matter make use of the above colours printer over each other with a sort of screen to generate what appears as a full colour image. Hope that makes sense.

RGB is mostly just for display on screens
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Offset Lithography is by far the most common form of commercial printing.

The basic principle on which it works is that oil and water do not mix. A litho printing plate has non-image areas which absorb water. During printing the plate is kept wet so that the ink, which is inherently greasy, is rejected by the wet areas and adheres to the image areas.

Artwork is produced digitally with graphic design software. An imagesetter is then used to produce films (either positive or negative). When printing with more than one colour there is a separated film for each ink used. Each film is used to make a printing plate by a photochemical process. The plate surface has non-image areas which absorb moisture and repel ink.

The artwork to plate process

The flexible plates, which can be made of a variety of materials, are attached to the plate cylinder. The plate is kept moist throughout so that ink only adheres to image areas.

During every cycle of the press the ink image is first transferred to a rubber surfaced blanket cylinder and from there to the paper. This indirect method is the 'offset' after which the process is named. The blanket cylinder's flexibility both preserves the delicate plate and conforms to the surface of textured papers.

Offset lithography press

After printing the sheets are taken for finishing - trimming, folding and binding.

The press can either be fed with paper one sheet at a time (Sheet fed) or from a large roll of paper (Web). Web printing is normally reserved for large scale, long run work such as magazines and catalogues.

The basic stages of the modern production process are:

1 Original artwork - photographs, illustrations and text - are scanned and entered into a computer.

2 These elements are combined into a document using page makeup software.

3 Full size films are output using a high-resolution imagesetter. These could be either positives or negatives.

4 Printing plates are made from the films using a photochemical process. The plates are exposed to high-intensity light through the films and then chemically treated so that non-image areas are water absorbent.

5 The flexible plates are attached to the plate cylinders of a litho press and the job is printed.

Hope this clears up a few questions
capanno

Post by capanno »

Yes yes yes that screens. Thats what I want to know. In afrikaans we used "plate", as in plates.