Mysql connectivity problems via JDBC

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
AlphA

Mysql connectivity problems via JDBC

Post by AlphA »

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup a project management tool called TrackPlus (http:www.trackplus.de) on a Linux SuSE 9.3 Box. I had this tool successfully working on SuSE 9 Enterprise on an IBM x235 server at work. After about 3 months of good uptime, that server just started falling over. Each time I re-installled SuSE 9 Enterprise, it would fall over with LVM problems each time I rebooted it. I then decided to try out 9.3 Pro on that server. Its been running fine for the past 2 weeks.

I have setup a Mysql database for TrackPlus (it works fine) , setup apache2, Tomcat and have deployed the trackplus WAR file. The problem is, I can't get Track+ to connect to the Mysql database. I can log into Mysql from the commandline fine.... I think the problem has got something to do with the mysql driver, but dont know much about that stuff. Does anybody know I can check if the mysql driver is correctly installed and all the env variables are correctly configured?

I have tried to setup the application on my SuSE 9.3 box at home, but am having the same problem. The same method worked flawlessly on SUSE 9 Enterprise.

Any advice from you guys?

Thanks
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

Hi guys,

I've been working on my SuSE 9.3 box at home...trying to get this application to run here....with the same problems I have on the server at work.

I just downloaded and installed JBOSS, and removed Tomcat from the machine. It worked like a charm... Another problem was that all references in the config files had to be changed from 'localhost' to '127.0.0.1' (dont know why it matters!)....but I got the database and tool talking to each other on my box at home.

Funny thing is, Tomcat worked without a problem on SuSE 9 Enterprise! :?:

Will sort out the server at work tomorrow morning...

Alls well that ends well I guess ;-) :lol: