Email Notification Programs

Any software related topics go in here.
Road_Kill

Email Notification Programs

Post by Road_Kill »

Is there any type of program that I can leave open, and as soon as I receive an email it notifies me?Something that helps me organise my email better and so on?Dont mention outlook!

Thank You in advance!
eagerBeaver

Post by eagerBeaver »

If youre with gmail then get the gmail notifyer
http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index.html
ZING!
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Im not with Gmail,Im looking for a program for any email
jee

Post by jee »

Have a look at this clusty search i've done.. you might find something useful.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Thanx Jee!
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

Mozilla Thunderbird notifies you of emails.
aXe

Post by aXe »

Mozzila Thunderbird was a little weird if you asked me
MRG
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

If you want a cool keyboard that will notify you of email (yes, a keyboard!), make your way to Frontier Electronics in Lindbro Park if you in JHB. They have a keyboard called "Turbo Spero". I know it sounds like a fong-kong...but its a really cool keyboard, and notifies you when you have new email. I dont use mine anymore as I have since bought 2 wireless keyboards. I paid R55 a year ago...they can't be more than R69 now.

Otherwise, I recommend you download the freeware version of Eudora or even YAMC! (Yet Another Mail Client!) Just google for them...

Later
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Anyone one know if there's any e-mail client software where it can display your e-mails before downloading them. Maybe brings up a preview pane of just the e-mail titles and the sender and then you tick whihc ones you'd like to download/receive. Something that looks like Outlook/Thunderbird but has an interface like hotmail/webmail/yahoo-mail/gmail?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

Sometimes situations occur when a user needs to be able to delete mail from their mailbox because of large file attachments, "Spam", or corrupt mail headers (usually caused when a piece of mail is forwarded too many times). Windows 95/98/ME/XP/NT/2000 users can use a utility called Email Remover. It can be used to view the contents of your mailbox as well as delete messages you do not wish to download.

Email Remover gives you several choices for each menu. These are accessed by clicking on an individual message and then clicking once with the right mouse button. If you want to see the contents of the message click on Retrieve first 100 lines or Retrieve entire message. Larger messages will take longer to retrieve if you use the Entire message feature.
eremove
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

That would be a cool piece of software. But then, what would happen to the emails which ou leave on the server? They will probably just occupy space for the next few days...and when someone else sends you an email,it will be sent back to the sender with an "email box full" error message, cos all your unwanted emails will be occupying space.