The Official GTAIV Thread

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

pienkie wrote:Wow, I'm a serious coffee lover/addict, but I only bought Douw Egberts for the first time somewhere last week. It's sublime, there's no other word. Really.[/i]
You've never had true Italian filter coffee have you?
They see me trollin', they hatin'...
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

1gor, your sig is actually something Winsto Churchill said, not MAN. lol
to ápeiro anima
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

UrBaN wrote:1gor, your sig is actually something Winsto Churchill said, not MAN. lol
Really? Damn! I need to amend that shiat, thanks bruv!
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

schase wrote:
zerubabel wrote:Muhahaha. I just recieved GTAIV Special Edition at my door.
Time to Photoshop your avvie! ;)
Roger that! :D

There is also another legendary quote from old Winston. I'm getting this from the top of my memory so it may be a little wrong, but here goes:

Woman: Are you drunk?
Winston: Madam, I'm drunk. But tomorrow I will be sober, and you will still be ugly!

:lol:
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

zerubabel wrote:
schase wrote:
Lol, looks good. :lol:
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

schase wrote:
zerubabel wrote:
schase wrote:
Lol, looks good. :lol:
Why thank you :rr:
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now there is a typical pommy for you, and he makes a lot of damn good points there about the game too.

"Its like getting off the roller coaster every 5 minutes to touch up the paint work" :lol:

"Hang on am I playing grand theft auto or grand theft normal boring life"

:lol: :lol:
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Haha, man alive Yahtzee is funny... :lol:

He does make sense though. I'm on the last mission now of GTA 4 and it's been an awesome game, but was also getting irritated with the whole friends calling you to go drinking and to shows. It tries to add to the realism but gets old after a while. Still a really great game though.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

www.thesun.co.uk wrote:A Grand Theft by cyber hackers

CYBER crooks are cashing in on the huge popularity of the new Grand Theft Auto video game, it was revealed yesterday.

They are swamping the internet with bogus downloads claiming to offer demos of two-week-old GTA IV and the forthcoming PC version.

When game fans open them, a virus planted by the thieves can search their PC hard drives for personal information, such as bank details.

John Safa, of software security firm DriveSentry, said: “People are exploiting the popularity of Grand Theft Auto in a way which could bring mayhem to the internet.

“Such computer viruses have the potential to steal sensitive information such as a user’s bank account details, or wipe out important files.”

He warned gamers to be wary of the downloads.
How can there be a PC demo when it is common knowledge that there re no current plans to port this game to PC.
Proof that some PC gamers are just as brainless as their console cousins....
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

ryanrich wrote:Haha, man alive Yahtzee is funny... :lol:

He does make sense though. I'm on the last mission now of GTA 4 and it's been an awesome game, but was also getting irritated with the whole friends calling you to go drinking and to shows. It tries to add to the realism but gets old after a while. Still a really great game though.
I'm still on the Snowstorm mission - have had a busy week! Don't know how far I am, almost halfway I think?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Finished it today finally, wasn't too hard just didn't have time. Very good game and a great storyline!

Says 66% complete under stats though, so still got lotsa side missions and things.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

zerubabel wrote:Woman: Are you drunk?
Winston: Madam, I'm drunk. But tomorrow I will be sober, and you will still be ugly!

edit:

Woman: You sir are DRUNK!
Bulldog: Yes madam, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

slight error.

a guy at work bought GTA4 2 weeks ago, 2 days ago, game stopped working. Took the disk out and found the edges are mangled. Went to store and they told him, sorry, all we can do is clean ot for you, at a price.

poor bastich forked out R680 for the special edition and its now a coaster!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
sigma

Post by sigma »

Been a long time GTA fan. So, how is the new GTA 4 like? Though of purchasing PC version somewhere in future when I can afford it, but how is the storyline and graphics? (Reviews are great but somebody who's actually played the game is better).
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

sigma wrote:Been a long time GTA fan. So, how is the new GTA 4 like? Though of purchasing PC version somewhere in future when I can afford it, but how is the storyline and graphics? (Reviews are great but somebody who's actually played the game is better).
According to Rockstar, there isn't going to be a PC version...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

and I dont blame them

Piracy is killing the PC gaming market. Yes there area those who say that piracy actually contributes to the success of a game and increased sales but i just dont see how that would put more money in the pocket of the creator.

Easy way to a successfull tiltle is to create loads of hype and then release it on the consoles. :D

The game is really great tho.

Loving the helicopters and NRG 900
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah the helicopters are great, once you get used to controlling them! :lol:
Mubz

Post by Mubz »

Unfortunately, I could only play GTAIV for less than an hour, until it froze :evil: , Now it doesnt even work at all.

I believe there is a problem with this game :arrow: Link
Anybody else experienced the same problem????
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

PS3 or XBOX360?
1GOR

Post by 1GOR »

Try the new patch if PS3.
Mubz

Post by Mubz »

Xbox 360
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Reading that link you gave (Mubz) it's interesting how many ppl are having problems with the game. I think I'm one of the luckier ones seen that I've got a 360 when it launched in SA and up until now I haven't had any game freezes (except for Top Spin 2, but it was a dirty disc) only the occasional dvd try stuck at either open or close, but nothing a good smack couldn't sort out.

I've had about between 6 to 8 hours of GTA IV game time between just driving around, and doing some missions and I'm yet to experience a problem while playing the game. But I say again....I'm most likely just lucky..
Mubz

Post by Mubz »

VoodooProphetII wrote:Reading that link you gave (Mubz) it's interesting how many ppl are having problems with the game. I think I'm one of the luckier ones seen that I've got a 360 when it launched in SA and up until now I haven't had any game freezes (except for Top Spin 2, but it was a dirty disc) only the occasional dvd try stuck at either open or close, but nothing a good smack couldn't sort out.

I've had about between 6 to 8 hours of GTA IV game time between just driving around, and doing some missions and I'm yet to experience a problem while playing the game. But I say again....I'm most likely just lucky..
Yes, it seems you are lucky, It's so disappointing buying a game and not being able to enjoy it, however i have contacted Rockstar games, they are aware of the problem and said that i should return the faulty disc to them for a replacement disc...
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Have probably played for 40 hours or so and haven't had any "freezing" problems with GTA 4 - just got stuck while in cover during a gunfight, but it was a clipping issue. No other problems encountered at all.