My car...Stolen!!!!!!!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Pr0PheT

Post by Pr0PheT »

KillerByte wrote:the theft of a 350Z is odd to say the least.
ye true but if they have the key there isn't much too it ...
hated by many - loved by few - respected by all
MrAnarchy

Post by MrAnarchy »

They steal 7 series bm's and even Porsche Cayenne Turbo's

A ML63 was Hijacked in Cape town
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I'm with all the guys, since daddy bought the dar, he could have at least added insurance to it ;)

Otherwise, hope you get her back mate..
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
cYcLIc wrote:Just spoke to my dad. He's gone to the police station with the cops.

My car was involved in an attempted hijacking. They tried to hijack a woman driving a BMW 3 series, but a guy who was watching the whole thing shot at them and they fled. So now the car has a dented bumper and bullet holes. The cops say that theres a good chance those guys will try and commit another crime tonight. This was in Bryanston so if your in that area, stay inside.
ive seen u drive arround couple a time! thats a hot ride mate!

sorry to hear! il keep an eye out!

good luck and hope u get it back!

heres more support requests!

http://www.maxautoforum.co.za/phpBB2/vi ... 8989#18989

http://www.hondaowners.co.za/forum/view ... f=8&t=1943

http://corsacrew.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=567

i cant get onto OpelOwnersForum for if i could i would have posted it there for u aswel!
Thanks Spicy.

Dad said we do have 3rd party fire and theft insurance. I don't know what that means though. Didn't bother to ask. Do they get me a new car? :?

With regards to the car insurance, It's not that they couldn't get/afford it. They just didn't want to spend that much cash on insurance regadless of what might happen. I gave my dad ***** about it this morning and he said its fine. :roll: Even asked what car I want now.

Oh and btw, the lady from the hijacking was fine. It wasn't her first. 8O And no word on the car's whereabouts.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Rayne, I dunno what Admin company you work for, but if you repudiate a claim where the NOMINATED Driver is driving the vehicle, then please list your brokers so i can stay clear...

The Loss Ratios below 30yrs of age are mostly over 100, and people over 65-ish start going above 100% as well... Its all about finding a broker with a balanced book. The one guy down in Claims is 20, has a Corsa GSi and pays R540pm full comp. The guys that turn people away... well their books must be taking strain LOL.

Nice Cyclic, Third Party, Fire and Theft means,

if you hit a Lambo... the insurance pays for the Lambo and u get nothing.
if your car goes up in smoke, through some electrical or mechanical fault, you get paid out for the damage
and if your vehicle is stolen and not recovered, it gets replaced. or recovered with damage, they pay for the damages....

So Decide what car you want quickly! before they find the 350z lol. just kidding :wink:
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

cYcLIc wrote: Thanks Spicy.

Dad said we do have 3rd party fire and theft insurance. I don't know what that means though. Didn't bother to ask. Do they get me a new car? :?

With regards to the car insurance, It's not that they couldn't get/afford it. They just didn't want to spend that much cash on insurance regadless of what might happen. I gave my dad **** about it this morning and he said its fine. :roll: Even asked what car I want now.

Oh and btw, the lady from the hijacking was fine. It wasn't her first. 8O And no word on the car's whereabouts.
Wow!!!

Firstly, sorry to hear about the theft dude. My choicest wishes for you.

Secondly, you're a really fortunate person, relatively speaking. I mean it's been less than a week and your dad offered you another car! And not just any car, a car you want. Sure the car had memories of all the good times but for many who suffer the ordeal, that's all they have left. Memories of the car. You've got opportunity and I believe that's something you should be grateful for.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Mozz wrote:and if your vehicle is stolen and not recovered, it gets replaced. or recovered with damage, they pay for the damages....

So Decide what car you want quickly! before they find the 350z lol. just kidding :wink:
Lol.

Yeah, my dad just confirmed it too. When they find the car, the insurance will take it.

Oh and most of my friends don't have insurance on their cars because they can't get any. No one will ensure them. Its not uncommon from what I've seen, but I don't like it either.
ZeroS wrote:
cYcLIc wrote: Thanks Spicy.

With regards to the car insurance, It's not that they couldn't get/afford it. They just didn't want to spend that much cash on insurance regadless of what might happen. I gave my dad **** about it this morning and he said its fine. :roll: Even asked what car I want now.

Wow!!!

Firstly, sorry to hear about the theft dude. My choicest wishes for you.

Secondly, you're a really fortunate person, relatively speaking. I mean it's been less than a week and your dad offered you another car! And not just any car, a car you want. Sure the car had memories of all the good times but for many who suffer the ordeal, that's all they have left. Memories of the car. You've got opportunity and I believe that's something you should be grateful for.
Thanks and I am grateful.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Glad to hear it was insured. If they don't recover it, what car are you thinking of getting?
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

I don't know. I'll have to really look and this time I want to do the test drives. The 350Z was nice, but it took some getting used to. I'm driving the car I bought for my bro so there's no rush.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
an00bis

Post by an00bis »

wow, I didn't think somebody would actually go and steal a 350z, the targets are usually citi golfs(or any VW for that matter) and corollas
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Yes, KillerByte also mentioned. The cars you listed are easy to sell which is why they are most targeted - in this case, as Cyclic mentioned earlier, it was used to commit another crime -they probably won't try to sell it. My aunts car was stolen and was found abandoned Bloemfontein - also not an easy car to sell.

I hope everything goes well Cyclic.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
naughty

Post by naughty »

D3PART3D wrote:Yes, KillerByte also mentioned. The cars you listed are easy to sell which is why they are most targeted - in this case, as Cyclic mentioned earlier, it was used to commit another crime -they probably won't try to sell it. My aunts car was stolen and was found abandoned Bloemfontein - also not an easy car to sell.

I hope everything goes well Cyclic.
not really - not so easy to sell as because there are so many of those that when people need parts to repair their own they just simply buy cheap second hand parts hence creating market for the stolen vehicles

thats exactly why the citi golf was such a target - when you buy a stolen car most of the time the popular ones that get stolen get checked at road blocks for engine number etc - i know cos i owned a citigolf at the peak of its popularity - and a few times the guys checked out my engine number and chassis number - so i think its more a fact that the guys want engines or seats or bodyparts cos they had accidents whilst driving like retards as is common on our roads today - they dont really want complete cars cos those are too easy to get caught with

but in this instance i think the car was targetted because its fast so it was intended to be used as a getaway car for another crime - besides criminals are stupid - remember those guys who stole the (i think it was) the new M5 when there were only two in the country and then parked it on their front lawn :roll: - so they will try to steal anything even if it shows a complete lack of brainpower - and yes they are very stupid cos they dont apply themselves to earn a legal living like the rest of us instead and want to be scum sucking leaches who want to live of other peoples work - hopefully they all rot in hell
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

naughty wrote:remember those guys who stole the (i think it was) the new M5 when there were only two in the country and then parked it on their front lawn :roll:
LOL! What a dumba$$!

I know they often steal cars like Beamers and Mercs to use in armoured car heists. I wonder if they ever steal cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis?
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

:lol: I'd steal a Ferrari, I'd just keep it in the garage to drool over, don't have to ride it. Car pr0n FTW. :twisted:

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Geez, that's like having a supermodel girlfriend that won't let you touch her!
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
Vista Ultimate x64
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Cyclic, how did they get over the electric fencing?

I hear they use those donkey blankets (not sure of the proper name)?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

@ Hex: Oh... yes.. you're right. No more bright ideas from me. :(

- Elon Musk
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Hex_Rated wrote:
naughty wrote:remember those guys who stole the (i think it was) the new M5 when there were only two in the country and then parked it on their front lawn :roll:
LOL! What a dumba$$!

I know they often steal cars like Beamers and Mercs to use in armoured car heists. I wonder if they ever steal cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis?
They could, but it would not be really practical, would it. Normally hi-jackers are 4 perps, where are the other two gonna sit?
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Mozz, that's not what I meant, "LOL".

But cYcLIc, glad this worked out well though.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Rayne wrote:Mozz, that's not what I meant, "LOL".

But cYcLIc, glad this worked out well though.
@ Rayne - just curious about the worked out well "bit" :? :? :? :?

the guys car is gone - he will get another car but in all likelihood it wont be as good as the one that went - and also he totally lost out on the cash that he spent on that first car because he cant claim any insurance on it

so in all honesty i dont see it working out too well - or am i looking at it all wrongly somehow ..... please not im not fighting - im trying to understand/comprehend your way of looking at the situation
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

It does, at the time of my prior post he said there's no insurance in force and when I looked now I saw he said there actually was. So yes, it works out well as any compensation is better than none.
markman

Post by markman »

Hex_Rated wrote:
LOL! What a dumba$$!

What they do is use the BMW or Merc to crash into the armoured vehicle,wouldn't want to do that in an exotic... :D
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

If you can, ask for the Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG Black Edition. I think you'll find it slightly more satisfying than the 350Z.
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

cYcLIc

dude, you're one lucky mofo.

first off, thank your lucky stars they didn't hijack it from you.

secondly, you must really be thankful for having parents (esp. your dad) that can sommer buy you a 350z, and even offer to replace it with a car of your choice. Once again, you one lucky mofo!

thirdly, just out of curiousity, what cars do your friends drive?
[size=0](i hope the thieves aren't reading the reply to this question, coz they just might go after them *crossing fingers*)[/size]

hope you get your ride back dude!
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

cYcLIc wrote:
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
cYcLIc wrote:Just spoke to my dad. He's gone to the police station with the cops.

My car was involved in an attempted hijacking. They tried to hijack a woman driving a BMW 3 series, but a guy who was watching the whole thing shot at them and they fled. So now the car has a dented bumper and bullet holes. The cops say that theres a good chance those guys will try and commit another crime tonight. This was in Bryanston so if your in that area, stay inside.
ive seen u drive arround couple a time! thats a hot ride mate!

sorry to hear! il keep an eye out!

good luck and hope u get it back!

heres more support requests!

http://www.maxautoforum.co.za/phpBB2/vi ... 8989#18989

http://www.hondaowners.co.za/forum/view ... f=8&t=1943

http://corsacrew.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=567

i cant get onto OpelOwnersForum for if i could i would have posted it there for u aswel!
Thanks Spicy.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

u will propbly go fancy vehicle with lotsa power!

if u do i want a ride in it :twisted:

u in bryanston right?
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...