PS to Dreaweaver help required

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Synthesis

PS to Dreaweaver help required

Post by Synthesis »

First of, I'm brand-new to photoshop web-layouts where I'm usually used to creating sites from scratch in DW.

Ok, this first image is a partial of the layout design in PS which is sliced
The arrows are rollover buttons and the top block is the content. I haven't sliced anything else in this part of the image. I leave that to PS when I "save for web" I only sliced the content that will be repalced or "editable" in DW.

The second image is a partial screen from DW after directly opening the created html file from PS. I created a div tag for the content block and created a CSS sheet for it. Then using CSS made the content block's background image the sliced image from PS.

Now the next image explains the problem: You can see the div tag has been created around the whole layout design, not just the content block. It should be around <td>. So anything I do to the content in CSS like a background, effects the whole layout and any content added messes up the design.

Ok, I'm sorry for the long boring explanation but I battled just trying to explain what my problem is. I need to know if I am slicing the images wrong in PS causing the problem or is it n DW's side that I should be looking to fix the problem?

I don't have aproblem e-mailing any original files to someone to more understand what my problem is and what I'm doing wrong. I would really appreciate it.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Sorry for double-posting. I sorted out the div tag problem. I just coded the div manually to the <td> for the content so when I select the div#content the correct cell gets selected. But when I attach CSS to it to add the backgruond image or change background colour, nothing happens. And it's as if the content is one row. when something is entered in content the design layout gets messed up as if ther'es rows where there should be an the images (slices) get split aprt with gaps between them.