MY WC Project - Updates (13/03/08)

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok couldn't wait... heres a pic of step 6 :P just to clear it up a lil... Excuse the sketchup skills, im still quite the n00b :P

Thumbnails working now :P

When screen is closed

When Screen is visable

Last edited by inf3ct10n on 07 Dec 2007, 13:53, edited 2 times in total.
Vampyre_2099

Post by Vampyre_2099 »

looks good, can't wait to see it done now
mybrute
myminicity
PCformat ZA Folding Stats

ImageImage
Spoiler: (show)
Desktop: Q8200 @ 2.33GHz ~ TRUE ~ DP35DP ~ 4GB Transcend Jetram RAM ~ Nvidia 8800GT ~ 250GB HDD
Notebook: T5550 @ 1.83GHz ~ 2GB RAM ~ ATI HD 2400 XT ~ 160GB HDD
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Looks good, but I wouldnt have the fans sticking outside of the case...
Vampyre_2099

Post by Vampyre_2099 »

Skidd wrote:Looks good, but I wouldnt have the fans sticking outside of the case...
If you are gonna have them outside the case try and make a nice cover for them. even if its only a clip on or something. try put hinges on it so it swivels for easy access
mybrute
myminicity
PCformat ZA Folding Stats

ImageImage
Spoiler: (show)
Desktop: Q8200 @ 2.33GHz ~ TRUE ~ DP35DP ~ 4GB Transcend Jetram RAM ~ Nvidia 8800GT ~ 250GB HDD
Notebook: T5550 @ 1.83GHz ~ 2GB RAM ~ ATI HD 2400 XT ~ 160GB HDD
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

leave the fans outside I love it!
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

hehe... dont worry :) the fans are gonna be inside flush mounted against the top plexi with the rad below that (provided there is space)... soz guys, no pic today my bro needed to use my camera and ive been out shopping for my holiday all day....

I will make sure i take a pic tomorrow of the case as it stands with the hardware inside & the makeshift PSU mount :P Also... i plan to Have a mesh cover, like DAE has done with the mesh on the side panel of Endorphin... I'll have mesh as my fan grill ontop of my case...

So yar, im exhausted off to sleep... cheers for now :)
Last edited by inf3ct10n on 07 Dec 2007, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

inf3ct10n wrote:hehe... dont worry :) the fans are gonna be inside flush mounted against the top plexi with the rad below that (provided there is space)... soz guys, no pic today my bro needed to use my camera and ive been out shopping for my holiday all day....

I will make sure i take a pic tomorrow of the case as it stands with the hardware inside & the makeshift PSU mount :P Also... i plan to Have a mesh cover, like DAE has done with the mesh on the side panel of Epiphany... I'll have mesh as my fan grill ontop of my case...

So yar, im exhausted off to sleep... cheers for now :)
You mean Endorphin, don't you? :o
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

yeah woops... i meant endorphin :( thats what happens when you make posts at 2 in the mornin :P Pics comin up soon
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok, so the pics are not the greatest due to the fact that they were quick slightly rushed... and terrible lighting, but heres the case as it stands now

Side View with Flash

Front View of DVD-RAM & Power Switch/USB Ports/wotever you call it :P

as you can see in the previous picture, there is a gap between the top of the case & the DVD writer, so im gonna have to fix that up aswell... Ill also stealth the DVD writer at a later stage.

Back View of the PSU Backplate

as the plate that is riveted into the case for the other plate to screw into for the psu to screw into (if you get what im saying) was missing... i had to use string to tie the plate/bracket to the chassis. - this is only temporary as eventually that hole will be covered with mesh and the psu mounted at the bottom of the case.

Thats all for now, not uploading the pic of the side without the flash on as you cant see anything :P enjoy
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Okay... so, on friday night i had a bit of a mishap with my PSU which resulted in it blowing.

After consulting with a few people, i decided that the OCZ StealthXStream / 600W / Active PFC was the way to go as it has rather long cables, and more than enough connectors for all my components.

Image Image

Thats what the Box looks like and the Contents of which are on the right :)

And below you can see what the PSU looks like.

These pictures were taken off www.hardwarecanucks.com

So, i setup the PSU and whilst the majority of the cables are Extremely long, the 4 pin power connector that plugs in next to the cpu at the top of the mobo isn't quite what i was hoping for. It is slightly short so i am unable to hide that cable when the PSU is at the bottom of my case, so it runs infront of the gfx card and mobo, but that is the least of my worries for the time being. Another Upside of the PSU is that it comes pre-sleeved and pre-fitted with easy-grip molex connectors which makes things just that much easier.

So with all that said and done, i am finally able to install my watercooling as i now have space for my radiator at the top of my chassis.

There are still a few things that i need to purchase in order to do so, but by saturday hopefully i will have everything i need and be able to install my Rig.

To Do List:

1. Purchase 2 120mm Fans
2. Purchase longer screws to secure the radiator and fans to the top of the chassis
3. Purchase Plastic, Push-in hose clamps
4. Purchase new hose
5. Purchase Anti-Corrosion Fluid
6. Set The Rig up and Complete :)

I would really like to get this installed and running ASAP as it has been dragging on for way too long now. Im in durban on hockey tour from tuesday till thursday, but then im on holiday till the 7th of april, so it will definately be done by then.

Weo :P

Thats all for now.
Inf