Whats the most difficult game you ever played

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
po10cy

Whats the most difficult game you ever played

Post by po10cy »

So, what is the most difficult game you have ever played? Anything that really tested your gaming skills?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Mafia, especially the racing level

Hitman 2

The first Splinter Cell game.

Out of those 3, the most difficult was Mafia.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I really battled to finish, had to go onto easy!
Artagra
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Artagra »

The original Driver - some of the last missions where insane!
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

lancelot wrote:Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I really battled to finish, had to go onto easy!
The final boss was a real sod to kill, yeah.
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Quake III Arena on nightmare... Especially the last stage where you play Anarki (as far as I remember) with the railgun. Before you even have a chance to orient yourself, ur dead... :cry:

Came pretty damn close to winning once, something like 10-9, but i smashed my PC to pieces afterwards, so I never tried again... :lol:

That Mafia racing stage was a b*tch as well :roll:
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
garp

Post by garp »

Mafia, especially the racing level
That Mafia racing stage was a b*tch as well
The mafia racing level was easy 8O :wink: (after about the 250th time {no realy i'm not joking} :roll: )

The most difficult games I ever played had to be the tomb raider games 2 and 3 this was howenver when I had just started playing games (sad isn't it) and trying to fine all these places to go and the jumps Oh how I remember them
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Hmm for me it must of been Aliens Vs Predator 2
It almost took me a year to finish, it was a buggar and a half.

Populous the beginning was fairly hard and hmm, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was bladly hard.

My easiest game I have ever played was Unreal Tournament 2004. It took me 2 days on adept mode.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:Hmm for me it must of been Aliens Vs Predator 2
It almost took me a year to finish, it was a buggar and a half.
mmm.... I took one week of a holiday. I'd say AvP1 was harder, wich is the hardest game I ever played. I could only complete the game with the alien.

God bless those aliens :D
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Probably also Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I still haven't finished it yet, been too busy doing other stuff.

When that guy comes out the fire and starts breathing fire, I was at about 9 life and had no where to go. That was the first really hard part of the game.

It's still a lot of fun though.
SuperPantDelux

Post by SuperPantDelux »

A game that really nailed me was American McGee's Alice. Played for 2min on normal before i decided it was time to see what easy was like...
Artagra
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Artagra »

Quake III Arena on nightmare... Especially the last stage where you play Anarki (as far as I remember) with the railgun. Before you even have a chance to orient yourself, ur dead...
You got closer than I did! I played it for hours and hours, and could nail him on any other difficulty level (literally, without dying) but on Nightmare he was just way too accurate - best I did was maybe 10-5.
Hmm for me it must of been Aliens Vs Predator 2
AVP2 didn't really stress me at all.... AVP 1 was much worse - what I found harsh was finishing all the extra objectives (play the level backwards, play it in one minute, play it getting ten trophies, play it without being seen) that became available after finishing the game.

Artagra
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

IGI2 one biaatch to finish even on easy. And takes just way long to complete a single level. Some times you sit on a single level for over 3 hours.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
sinner777

Post by sinner777 »

ok, this wasn't on pc, but the old nintendo 8 bit, one of the adventure island games and ghosts and ghouls, I was only about 8 at the time, I tried again the other day and still couldn't do it. those are the only 2 games I have never finished
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

For me it has to be homeworld 2 the third mission I think it is all those marine frigates coming in for you never mind the fact you have to attack and defend at the same time its one difficult game but enjoyable nontheless.

Anakha
Artagra
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Artagra »

RAINBOW SIX RAVEN SHIELD!

DAMN... that game was so difficult, nearly killed me. Do 99% of the mission, get killed right at the end... start.. all... over... again....

GRRR

uhh, yeah

Homeworld 1 and 2 where harsh aswell - that third homeworld 2 mission, I know exaclty what you mean :P

Artagra
kchizo

Post by kchizo »

Hitman 2: not cause it's so difficult, cause it's such a drag!

IGI2: stealth just aint my thing.

Warcraft3: the last level buggered me.

Half-Life: Could'nt figure out that last level :? .

Solitaire :?:

...the more difficult the more pleasure!
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Quest for Glory 1 took me easy 5 or 6 years to complete. I was very young but that game hooked me on PC gaming from then on.
To start with i only had a black and white monitor and distinguishing between things on the screen was really tricky. But i'd sit there for hours and hours trying stuff.
Then when i got a colour monitor the real glory revealed itself and about a year later i finished it. I was so upset i'd done it :D

More recently, IGI2 was really really tricky on normal, i'd hate to think what its like on the harder setting.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Splinter Cell
Useless bottle!!!
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Dom

Post by Dom »

Has anyone played Manhunt for the PC? I'm currently on scene 16 "Wrong side of the tracks", and trying to get to the control room to restore power to the train is proving really difficult! There are about 20 S.W.A.T guys running around, and somebody keeps making little noises so that these S.W.A.T guys are almost constantly alert. Whether I try to take them out, or sneak quietly to this control room, makes no difference! You shoot one, and a whole group comes after you! It's really frustrating me! I'm playing it on the normal difficulty level...

Tomb Raider 3 was also a bit tough, as was the first Hitman, seeing as you couldn't save during levels!
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

mine
Duke nukem 3d
reason
I could not play a first person with a keyboard and the mouse was messed up and i was 8
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?