Call Of Duty 4:Modern Warfare

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I heard this game chows your bandwidth quite a bit, any truth to this?
ecthelion

Post by ecthelion »

i havent notice that it eats my bandwidth :? then again im using the 30gb local account from webafrica :twisted:

oh ... have you guys tried the iburst servers? they really nice! :D
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Thanks MIA and HALO!
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Damn I miss COD4. My right arm is screwed. I cant even use the mouse on my right hand. Left hand browsing FTL!!! Its gonna be a long few weeks...maybe even months. Will only know tomorrow. :cry: Enjoy owning those noobs while I'm gone cos when I get back.... :twisted:
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

I played COD 4 for the first time today... What exactly is so unique about this game? I stopped playing because it was relatively boring, and flipping annoying.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Then go play Crysis
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

WiK1d wrote:Then go play Crysis
I agree with Wik...

Lets see whats unique about the game it plays better than Crysis on any machine, it looks better than Crysis on all settings and is still playable on even the highest setting. Oh and the real unique feature about this game is the bullet physics, go play Crysis and see if you can shoot an enemy through a tin wall then go play CoD4 and try the same thing, I bet you in Crysis the guy still lived whereas CoD4 the guy dies. CoD4 is more realistic than Crysis any day of the week but then that is our opinion and if you still feel that we don't know what we are talking about then look at SAIX and tell me how many CoD4 servers there are versus Crysis...

20 CoD4 servers including 8 clan servers. Crysis is one lowly little server no clan server either...

Also if I am not mistaken CoD4 has outsold Crysis...

/end fanboy rant :P BTW I do have both games played Crysis once and now it sits gathering dust whereas CoD4 I still play everyday... :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

hey do0b, awesome score... but how about a thumbnail?
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

cYcLIc wrote:Damn I miss COD4. My right arm is screwed. I cant even use the mouse on my right hand. Left hand browsing FTL!!! Its gonna be a long few weeks...maybe even months. Will only know tomorrow. :cry: Enjoy owning those noobs while I'm gone cos when I get back.... :twisted:
Why? Did Lt. Price also shoot your arm off?? :wink: :lol: :lol:
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I like the way they did the multiplayer. It reminds me of Enemy territory but with a bit of Counter strike thrown in. I would love to play on-line but my connection is not fast enough - gprs at home.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Anakha56
Excuse me? DID I COMPARE IT TO CRYSIS?

Quote me, WHERE, please WHERE...

I said it wasnt that good, I said NOTHING about Crysis, so dont kuck me out about it, prick...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Doomextreme wrote:Anakha56
Excuse me? DID I COMPARE IT TO CRYSIS?

Quote me, WHERE, please WHERE...

I said it wasnt that good, I said NOTHING about Crysis, so dont kuck me out about it, prick...
Wow did I insult you? :roll: Such an immature child :roll: Consider this a warning insult me again and you will be banned with no hope of ever coming back onto the forum.

No you said nothing about Crysis yet you have a avvie flaunting it off and if I remember correctly you also talked about how great and how real the game was in the Crysis thread so I thought a comparison between Crysis and CoD4 would shed some light on your poor soul. I was merely showing you that Crysis is an over-rated game that is only visually stunning (and even that it fails in 90% of the time) and nothing else. I compared to show you the difference by taking something you know and comparing between the 2. If you cannot grasp how an argument works then please go away...

:evil:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Anakha56
Well I don't appreciate you instantly insulting my game, when I simply said I don't get the big deal.

Also I said that there is no comparison between the two, I never said either one was better.

Third of all, I take back what I said, it is fun, just I found the first parts pretty boring :D.

I know exactly how an argument works, but what I dont appreciate in this forum, is the moderators who think they are so big, they can give their opinions about whatever they feel like, but when I give mine, I get this:
Consider this a warning insult me again and you will be banned with no hope of ever coming back onto the forum.
You are like the police officer I went to, to get my official statement that I don't have a criminal record, he almost threatened my brother and I IN the police station.

Honoustly, this forum has issues.

Also, try researching on OPINIONS, learn that everyone has one, and everyone's opinions should be RESPECTED!

Watch now, I will most likely get a warning or a perminant ban for this post, even though I have not done a single thing wrong, except refer to an admin.

Watch!

You are so correct, why call a mod a prick? That is the reason, the rest of your post I would have just left, you of all people should know better!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

/cry me a river
JAM

Post by JAM »

Please guys, lighten up.

After all, its only a game !!!
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 cooled by Gigabyte 3D Rocket II Cooler
ASUS P5B 1066 FSB (P965 chipset)
2GB Transcend AXE DDR2 800+
1GB Corex Extreme DDR2 800
2 x 250 GB Seagate SATA II
XFX GeForce 8800 GT Alpha Dog XXX
Thermaltake Matrix VX Gaming Case
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Where's my popcorn.....

I like it.... I like it a lot......
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Damn! I never thought violence in games would EVER influence real life... Guess I have been proven wrong, thanks DE :roll:
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

It hasn't affected me at all Samaya. That was random :P.

Ok, anyway enough of that. I just got to the part with the nuke, when you climb out of the crashed helicopter, its amazing!
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I love peer pressure :twisted: (boring and annoying to amazing in a day)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Doom you have a pm, sorry to everyone but this has now become a private matter. So back on topic...

What is the benefit of a gold weapon? And how many kills does one need to get before it is unlocked?
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Anakha56 wrote:What is the benefit of a gold weapon?
It's gangsta!!!!
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol:

So it makes you talk smack then? :wink:
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Sadly killing terrorists non stop isnt my idea of fun. So you shoot 5, then 10 pops up. Shoot that 10 and 20 show up. At the end of a small skirmish you killed over 50 guys.

Many sites say its multi player is where it shines. So I think I just bought it for the wrong reason.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I play the single player campaign because I like it. I have liked the previous CoD's aswell and I only played the campaign's. I am a big fan of this series and they didn't change much in all its incarnations. To me the improved multiplayer is a great bonus.