Considering linux

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
Xp3reMental

Post by Xp3reMental »

How?
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

3000 Forum Points
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

ryanrich wrote:Install it all from Synaptic rather dude, gonna save yourself a lot of effort!
Agreed! use the applications -> add/remove search for "compiz" and select "all available applications" under show:

I'm busy experimenting with compiz effects now myself... but just can't get the cube thing to work... I enable it but how do you... use it?
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I edited my post, type the command that I just put there in a terminal...
Xp3reMental

Post by Xp3reMental »

okay I installed it but now where can I find it?
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

3000 Forum Points
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

system-> preferences -> advanced desktop effects settings
Xp3reMental

Post by Xp3reMental »

Thanx

3000 Forum Points
Xp3reMental

Post by Xp3reMental »

How do I use the effects?

3000 Forum Points