Future Mods Need Cooling... Waterboys Advice Needed

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Future Mods Need Cooling... Waterboys Advice Needed

Post by KillerByte »

Hi all

well its just like me to plan for the future so i thought i'd make a thread in which i can discuss my plans for my future PC and get the advice I want from the people I trust.

So I have already decided on the chassis'. The first will be for my main PC and the other will be for my LAN PC. The LAN PC will be kitted out with my current setup [Core 2 Duo (or if I upgrade Core 2 Quad), 2Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC8500, DFI Infinity P965-S, Gigabyte 8800GTS 320Mb] but unlike my current setup these components will be water cooled. However the LAN PC will only be built up once I have enough cash to buy the gear for my main PC.

So this thread is not about the actual computer because I already know that I will be going for Nehalem, it is rather about the case and the watercooling. SO considering that Nehalem is a total redesign I can't plan for the CPU, nb and sb blocks of the main PC but I can plan rads and pumps and res and gpu block.\
Lets start with what I know;
My First case which will be my main case will be a CM Stacker 810. This will be my main mod. The other case will be a CM Stacker 832. As I mentioned before both cases will be water cooled.
I have learnt a lot from this forum when it comes to watercooling, and I know that there is only one brand that I should use for watercooling... Swiftech.

Here are a few links of sites that I found in the UK that stock modding gear and their prices are reasonable even if you convert it to rands.

Specialtech

TheCoolingShop

So whats first water boys?
Last edited by KillerByte on 26 Oct 2007, 23:54, edited 2 times in total.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
WiK1d

Re: Future Mods Need Cooling... Waterboys Advice Needed

Post by WiK1d »

KillerByte wrote:and I know that there is only one brand that I should use for watercooling... Swiftech.
sucks when you are lying to yourself :(
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Future Mods Need Cooling... Waterboys Advice Needed

Post by KillerByte »

WiK1d wrote:
KillerByte wrote:and I know that there is only one brand that I should use for watercooling... Swiftech.
sucks when you are lying to yourself :(
then correct me, thats why i asked for water boys' advice because I not jack about water cooling.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Swiftech is most CERTAINLY not the only brand to consider. Don't get me wrong, swiftech components are great, but there are other brands that are even better. Names like EK, D-Tek, Aquacomputer, and DangerDen should all ring a bell.

Anyway, you REALLY need to give us more details for us to be able to help. What exactly are you after?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

well that truly does help DAE, the one shop www.thecoolingshop.com has loads of EK gear.

Well I want to first water cool the CM810, obviously the placement of the gear will be my choice and I will have to get enough tubing to cover it all.

SO what do I need? Rad, Res, Pump, cpu block, 8800 gpu block, nb & sb blocks. Give me model numbers and advice for each blcok, maybe swiftech has one of the best 8800 blocks but EK has a better cpu block.
I want to know from you guys what I should buy. Is the stock liquid that comes with some kits any good or should I order more expensive liquid?
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Dude, serriousy just save your moneys and wait until you have the hardware and when that time comes buy the latest tech Watercooling for your cash. dont say buy a pump and rad now and then get the hardware latter and then realize that you could have waited and got a more efficient rad for the same price you know what i mean?

Ok but if you insiste on advice. the best rad ATM AFAIK is the thermochill series like so http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... ts_id=3943

CPU, NB, SB and mosfet blocks you wont know till you have the hardware, but usually Swiftech are pretty good in this field. IMHO EK make the best 8800 Blocks.

Pump wise depends on your diameter tubing and how restrictive your loop is as this will effect if you will want a high flow pump, or a pump with a large "head" or pressure.

Basicaly, get your hardware and build your loop around that once you have it.

Rob~!
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Yea. If you gonna get a rad, and you want the best, Thermochill is UNBEATABLE. Seriously.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

i want to water cooler my current setup when I get to the UK so I knwo what hardware I have, te only thing that will change is the case and probably the chip.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Wait till you get there. You can get rads in particular MUCH cheaper. Like R400 bucks cheaper.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

you misunderstand. I won't buy anything here in SA, i will buy the gear as soon as I get my gear into the UK I will be buying the water cooling gear. i just need to know what to buy
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Send me a TC rad :D :wink:
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

i've said in another thread that I will be willing to have people transfer the money into my account or they can send the parcels to my address and I will be willing to send them to SA marked as gifts so you guys don't have to pay import tax.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Ah. I am not on the forums that much so yea ;) That'l help :D

Basically, Thermochill rad, one of the 1200lph swiftech / laing / dd pumps, swiftech / d-tek cpu block, fc EK block, scythe fans and yea that's like all. Res is whatever u want :P