Getting MXit to work on your PC/laptop

Any software related topics go in here.
Millenium

Getting MXit to work on your PC/laptop

Post by Millenium »

Well, since im new here i dont know if this has been posted before. But i thought I'd help out some MXit lovers.

Step one:
Make sure you have the latest edition of Java Runtime installed (thanx to the PC Format team for putting that on the DVD)

However if you dont have the DVD, just download it free from http://www.java.com/

Step two:
Download mpowerplayer (A mobile emulator) free from
http://mpowerplayer.com/

Step three:
Download these files modded by me from
http://w12.easy-share.com/884133.html

Now. Install mpowerplayer and then run mpowerplayer. Click on File=>Open=>and then browse to the ".jad" xtended file Wich you downloaded in step 3 and select open

Now log-in with your Mobile phone number and password and voila!
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

I tried it out a while ago...
No longer a mxit addict.

I figured it out by google though.
Useful for new peeps though.

~M1ke
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Millenium

Post by Millenium »

M1ke wrote:I figured it out by google though.
~M1ke
That makes 2 of us :P
If only simplicity was that simple...
Xiphan

Re: Getting MXit to work on your PC/laptop

Post by Xiphan »

Guys there is no longer a need to struggle with emulators and crappy third party programs anymore, and especially not MXit's own horrendous implementation, simply download Pidgin from here and install. It works extremely well! :D
Prime

Post by Prime »

Was once not enough?

:smack:
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

Prime wrote:Was once not enough?

:smack:
Sorry you're right, I wasn't thinking at the time. I was just so surprised at how well the Pidgin plug-in worked that I had to tell as many people as possible. Though I think my logic at the time was something along the lines of there's more than one thread for the same thing, post in all three so that people subscribed to one thread who doesn't see the other one will still get the message. Stupid I know so lets just leave it at that. :oops:
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

me thinks he forgot about the all powerful Won-Won and his ban stick of doom.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

KillerByte wrote:me thinks he forgot about the all powerful Won-Won and his ban stick of doom.
You're the last person who should be commenting about being banned.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Xiphan wrote:
KillerByte wrote:me thinks he forgot about the all powerful Won-Won and his ban stick of doom.
You're the last person who should be commenting about being banned.
No, 134z1k is the last person who should comment about being banned. ;)
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

you can of course just install mxit for your PC from the mxit website, no other apps needed AND its JUST as stable as the real thing (i.e. it randomly crashes/kicks you out).

Thats what I have any way. I don't use the chicken I use different chat programs for a reason. Like when I need to talk to differnet people. I don't want to log on to everything at once ...

MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAH
:evil5:
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Stuart, assuming he could actually comment, oh wait...

americantsm1, exactly. :P mxit on the pc is more reliable than a seagate drive. ;)
doo_much

President Obama connects to African youth on MXit

Post by doo_much »

BuaNews wrote:President Obama connects to African youth on MXit

Pretoria - In an effort to better understand the mindset of the African youth, United States President Barack Obama has asked young people across the continent to engage with him on MXit, the vastly popular mobile social network and instant messenger.
MXit users have been urged to send a question or comment to President Obama, starting on Tuesday and Mr Obama will send a message back to the MXit user base after the campaign closes at 4pm (local time) on Wednesday, 8 July, 2009.
The campaign coincides with his first official visit to the African continent. The US President and First Lady will be in Accra, Ghana on 10 and 11 July.
“We are very proud to have been asked to be part of a campaign to better understand and engage with African youth,” says Herman Heunis, MXit’s founder and CEO. “We are simply delighted that such an important and influential president understands and acknowledges the power of social networking.”
MXit has over 14 million users in 254 countries and delivers over 35 000 messages per second, making it one of the largest and most popular global mobile social networks. It is especially popular in Africa, where it offers users a means to engage with family and friends through chat rooms that offer communication at a fraction of the cost of mobile SMS or voice calls.
To send a message to President Obama on MXit, go to http://www.mxit.com/wap from your mobile phone to download the social network and IM and follow the prompts to leave a comment or question.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

And it would seem that the MXit Dev team has abandoned their own fail attempt at creating a decent PC version and are now officially supporting the Pidgin plugin.
Info Bot wrote:Wanna give those thumbs a break? Now you can with the new MXit PC client powered by Pidgin!!! Register on MXit from your PC & chat globally from your desktop - just visit http://www.mxit.com and download! Join the evolution - Join MXit PC.