World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

I have to say, I used to have doubts about WoW before I got it but I can say now that it is possibly the best game I have ever played... no lies! It really is awesome. It gives me the same feeling as Diablo 2 gave me, Deeray you are on the mark!
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

crap, servers are down so i cant play.
Shintaro

Post by Shintaro »

I actually went out and bought Titan Quest, but haven't played it much. All my fun time is spent on wow, and on tuesdays the servers usually come on a while after i'm home.

I think i'm lucky in that on the US servers many people complain about the lag during prime time, but as we don't play in prime time i haven't had that problem.

Ya stormrage has like, a million SA guilds.
MunkiJivE

Post by MunkiJivE »

UsMarshal wrote:Yeah you can have up to 50 characters spread accross both horde and alliance
Yes you can have both Horde and Alliance, but you can have both on the same Realm. you can have a Horde on say, Dragonblight, and an Alliance on Balnazar, or something along those lines.

btw, I play the EU servers (duh, I live the UK ;) ), and yes, one of the best games ever. I read a few of the early posts in this thread and I can see you guys have got a lot to learn still, lol, but you'll get there!

As for the EU servers being down alot, BULL*^%%! the only time they are odwn is when they do maintanence, about once every 2 or 3 months. Otherwise they just keep on going!!

Apologies if any of this has already been posted, but I couldnt be bothered readin ALL the posts, just saw the first few :)

MunkiJivE, AKA: Iryman, Troll Shaman, Guild Brothers of Aspect on EU Dragonblight server.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

What frank says was true.. I was also having problems logging on on Friday night.. And the server kept timing out, I got kicked al least 3 times on Friday night

Probably a telkom problem

I Didnt reach my goal of LVL27 this weekend but i got close Im LVL26 with more than half my XP bar to 27 :P

Im chuffed, Really enjoying it
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

lol m8, I really dont know how you lvled up so fast, Im only lvl 14 with my orc warrior but Im luvin it!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Lol! yeah, i just keep moving around until i find a place where i get decent XP the whole time.. Currently im in the Eastern Kindoms.. Ill probably here until i hit about LVL28-29, Then ill have to find a new place :?

I did a Ton of exploring this weekend just trying to find a place where all my quests wherent green(low XP)
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

MunkiJivE wrote:
UsMarshal wrote:Yeah you can have up to 50 characters spread accross both horde and alliance
Yes you can have both Horde and Alliance, but you can have both on the same Realm. you can have a Horde on say, Dragonblight, and an Alliance on Balnazar, or something along those lines.
Yes you can play and have 50 toons total for both factions on the SAME realm if it is a NORMAL server, meaning a non-pvp server. On pvp servers/realms, you can only play one side. You have to delete or transfer you toons in order to swap to the other faction, then start from scratch. The character limit once again is 50.
MunkiJivE wrote: btw, I play the EU servers (duh, I live the UK ;) ), and yes, one of the best games ever. I read a few of the early posts in this thread and I can see you guys have got a lot to learn still, lol, but you'll get there!
USMarshal and myself have multiple toons. I have done most of the 5man lvl60's as well as a few 20man ZG's. USMarshal have done Onyxia, ZG, AQ20... the 5man instances is on farming status. Lot to learn? Ya, with 40mans maybe but as far as the game as whole go we have it pretty much covered. I realise you havnt read all the posts, but not everybody here is exactly "new" to the game.
MunkiJivE wrote: As for the EU servers being down alot, BULL*^%%! the only time they are odwn is when they do maintanence, about once every 2 or 3 months. Otherwise they just keep on going!!

Apologies if any of this has already been posted, but I couldnt be bothered readin ALL the posts, just saw the first few :)

MunkiJivE, AKA: Iryman, Troll Shaman, Guild Brothers of Aspect on EU Dragonblight server.
Cool man. Enj and have fun !! :)

s
MunkiJivE

Post by MunkiJivE »

I didnt mean to imply tht you're all a bunch of noobs! lol! But the game is much bigger over here thatn it is there so far, but thats understandable as its only just been released. And I sure as heck dont kno all about the game, and Ive been playin for a long time now ;)
Anyways, enjoy it to the max, and I hope to see some of on the EU servers!
Shintaro

Post by Shintaro »

Our guild took down Instructor Razuvius yesterday. Man that's an interesting fight, and completely dependant on how well your priests can tank. haha. Naxxramas is an awesome instance.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Eish... good article.
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

<Raises his hand>
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol:

WoW i wonder how many other people are addicts...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

HI, my name is Frankie.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Tom's Hardwares article on this:

http://www.twitchguru.com/2006/08/08/wo ... _addicted/

Funny how we all stumbled apon this related topic this day. So where is the one that goes on about guild wars or final fantasy online? Or maybe we should look at Counter Strike. Anyone? Hello!!!

*cricket sound in background*
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Man i cant believe no one is posting here
So i'm gonna give it a shot

Ive just reached Level 40 with Troll Shaman, and the game is getting better and better and better and better :P

Ive just started with BattleGrounds and I'm loving it
My Shamie(who is one piece of equip away from being a twink btw) Kicks bottom.. awesome powers and does pretty well in the BGs

I racked up 20 pvp kills last night

Great fun, If you don't have this game your missing out!

Anyone else playing on EU servers?
Last edited by DEeRaY on 16 Aug 2006, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

I am! pm me to share details!

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Decembermaloy

Post by Decembermaloy »

Dentarg PVP server
Level 19 PLD for now.
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

lvl47 Tauren dr00d on Haomarush (EU). Fantastic, I play soooooo much. Love it =) Also have a couple of alts on Haomarush, but they're lowbies that I play when I get bored.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Synkronos wrote:lvl47 Tauren dr00d on Haomarush (EU). Fantastic, I play soooooo much. Love it =) Also have a couple of alts on Haomarush, but they're lowbies that I play when I get bored.
Hell yeah, what a game :D

btw, when did you start? when the game was released?
your cruising if your level 47, I shot up to about 30 then it all started slowing down. Last night i got to level 41, and i can finally use that epic shield i bought when i was level 30

Btw, if anyone wants to give the game a go.. You can sign up for a 10 day trail that is completely free, only problem is you have to download the game
but you can just 'borrow' a friends cds(as stated by Blizzard) Install it, sign up and play for 10 days.. after that you can decide if you want to carry on with that account

Here's the link

http://teaser.wow-europe.com/

Give it a go, you wont be sorry :)
EvilCow

Post by EvilCow »

What realms is everyone playing on.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

US servers....

Anhcora on Blackhand >>> LVL 60 mage. MC / ONYXIA / AQ20.

Omaya on Blackhand >>> LVL 39 NElf hunter twink Revered with SWSentinels as well as League or Arathor (thats WSG and AB).

Azashalia on Khaz Modan >>> LVL 19 pally twink with about 550g worth of enchants/librams.

Then various other characters on servers all over the place, made when main server was not available.

I tried playing horde, but by gawd thay are yucky. I prefer alliance FTW!!! I might do horde as soon as Burning Crusade becomes available... those Blood Elves look promising...

s
EvilCow

Post by EvilCow »

Ah i see you playing on the us servers, how's the connection speed, i'm playing on the european servers, currently on wildhammer.