Firefox & IE History

Any software related topics go in here.
DrHeidi

Firefox & IE History

Post by DrHeidi »

I always delete cookies, histories, etc. when I'm done browsing, but recently my employer was able to extract my entire browsing history from the PC, hence my internet use has been restricted.

How can I ensure EVERYTHING about my browsing history gets erased?
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

8O WOW, I would try using a program, Im not too sure if they work or not! Also I think there is an option in Opera so u can set it to auto erase all the history and everything else after you have exited Opera! I havent tried it, I just know its there! :D :D Hope it helps! 8)
Anthropoid21

Cleanup !

Post by Anthropoid21 »

Try this little proggie http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

It works wonders for me, if you really want to clean EVERYTHING up you need to set you pc to view hidden files and folders... My Computer >Tools>Folder Options>ViewShow Hidden Files And...
The Go to Windows Explorer c:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\local settings\ ..... delete
1.Temp
2.History
3. Temporary Internet Files
DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE THERE !! and you will be successfull, there is also a setting in IE, but Ipresume you like Firefox and Opera so i won't 8O 8O get into the gory details
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Re: Firefox & IE History

Post by SHL3B1B »

DrHeidi wrote:I always delete cookies, histories, etc. when I'm done browsing, but recently my employer was able to extract my entire browsing history from the PC, hence my internet use has been restricted.

i wonder what you were looking at....
Jdoa

Re: Firefox & IE History

Post by Jdoa »

rabb1 wrote:
DrHeidi wrote:I always delete cookies, histories, etc. when I'm done browsing, but recently my employer was able to extract my entire browsing history from the PC, hence my internet use has been restricted.

i wonder what you were looking at....
ROFL
Yeah thats usualy why people wanna emty their history. :twisted:
Hill

Post by Hill »

No it is not what you are thinking, many companies do not like their employees spending valuable time on the internet. Therefor some of us like to hide our tracks.

For me the problem is the time spent browsing not where I browse. That I do from home anyway, we work in an open office environment.
Regards
Hill
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

its not the history i wanna delete, its the items in the auto-complete "feature". HOW do i do that? coz trying to clear it through "tools/internet options/content/autocomplete" dont do jack sht. neither does clearing history in taskbar options.

oh,and its not "THOSE" sites, if i wanted to do that, i wouldnt use the work pc. besides, anything they deem inappropriate is blocked by websense. so shopping / chat sites etc are blocked. i just wanna get rid od the autocomplete stuff!
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

Isn't your history tracked on a server? I know ours is!

The auto complete, just select the item from that drop down list it gives, and press delete.
Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
ADSL Petition
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

Azriel wrote:Isn't your history tracked on a server? I know ours is!
probably... but ja. dont care bout the history, thats easy to delete from the pc!
The auto complete, just select the item from that drop down list it gives, and press delete
huh? where? how? just tried and i cant get it right!

*EDIT* Thanks azriel!