N00bs Questions Answered

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Oj

N00bs Questions Answered

Post by Oj »

Hi all. This thread is for those of you who need help navigating your way around this site/any other help to do with this site. I'll start off by asking how you shoose under which category a new thread will fall under, as I have had 2 locked for that reason.

*they are not locked when in the wrong category but moved to the correct one - unless off course its utter drivel - jee*
<b>Proud Knight of the Round Table</b>
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Click on "Forums", go under that Topic section you'd like. Click "New Topic".

No rocket science required.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

If you take the time to read all the rules and other sticky junk you might learn something. ;)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

explain the 'click' thing again...
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Cant wait until *mod-whoever* lock this... he he he
jee

Post by jee »

Sojourn.. ek sal jou oor my skoot trek en jou gat aannie brand slaat! :P gedra jou!!! you are stirring the wrong pot... XD
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Naa, this time locked by admin
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

And now unlocked by admin :)

Anyways, if the "n00b" took the time to the read the FAQ then the "n00b" would know how to make their way around the site. Click FAQ above!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Cameron Losco wrote:And now unlocked by admin :)

Anyways, if the "n00b" took the time to the read the FAQ then the "n00b" would know how to make their way around the site. Click FAQ above!
You said F@Q , you said F@Q !! !! he he ...
Oj

Post by Oj »

Ok, my bad. Is there a limit to the number of new topics you can start,as I seem to be starting one fairly often. Will I be marked as a nuicence?
<b>Proud Knight of the Round Table</b>
jee

Post by jee »

Oj , it depends on what sort of threads you start. If you keep on starting threads that is filled with drivel.. well yes.. If you have a question regarding any problem, by all means ask... You have been around a while, can use the search facility.. and if you start a thread where there is already an existing one, ONE of the functions of the mods are to lead you to that one and lock your thread.. Unfortunately too many peeps see that as something against them personally, not as good housekeeping.

If you have anything else you need to know about and are not sure if you should start a thread.. well pm a mod and ask an opinion.. :)

Unlike some of the puerile opinions of certain members, the mods do try to keep some form of order. We LEAVE the spam threads.. but there are enough of them, so no more is needed.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.