Problematic MySQL Databases

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
Richard_

Problematic MySQL Databases

Post by Richard_ »

I hope somebody can help me with my problem, because it's really turning me crazy! :crazy:

I'm working with a user registration / logon feature for my site, written in PHP and using a mySQL database. Now, my problem is that the database has a specific name when it's referred to in my PHP code, but when I try to create a database of the same name in phpMyAdmin, it tells me I don't have the required blimming privileges! :evil: So then, I was told, I must create a database username in my control panel (I'm with Serv; Control Panel 10, php 4). But how will this help me? How can I log into phpMyAdmin with this new username???

Another thing I tried was creating the database from the MySQL Account Maintenance feature in the Control Panel. But everytime I do this, the database I create gets the prefix "creation_" (which is my username).

If anybody here works with databases, and can decipher my plea, I would appreciate any advice and help! :P Thanks!
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Creator - There are numerous ways in which to correct your problems.

You could eather try and manually create the database through the mysql console which accepts SQL queries but then your being use to log in with php might not have access to the db. This is also assuming that you have the admin username and password.

Or you could fix phpMyAdmin by changing the configuration files within the phpMyAdmin interface to reflect the root user's credentials. This would obviously be the best way in which to do it since you actually address the root of the problem. I would advise you to take this course of action.

hmmm..... You can read about the rest.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Cool! :-D Thanks for the info! I'll only have time to check out the site and mess around with my database this weekend though.

Ciao.
:razz:
Futs

Post by Futs »

Welcome back RRF