Latest issue

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Heya! We'll see what we can do about Proatt. Also re the game reviews - the last two months have been very thin in terms of new games. It's that time of the year unfortunately. We get all the latest releases from the distributors and then we review them so it isn't a lucky dip kinda thing. You'll enjoy the April issue because there are tons of really cool new releases in there :)
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

TONS??? :P :P :P
VileEd

Post by VileEd »

Tamsini wrote:(You're lucky Eddie doesn't come to these forums)
Suprise!! He dose now. Loved all your comments. Cunstructive criticism never hurt anyone. Even the guy who thought it was rushed. I'll try harder next time not to do the cover under the influence of alcohol. Everything seems blurry then. :wink: [/b]
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

VileEd is that really you?
Welcome to PCF Forums!
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
VileEd

Post by VileEd »

Yip. I should really learn how to spell sometime. "dose" My current state of mind at the moment.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

well as long as we are on the "constructive criticism" front... I got one for ya...

edit the reviews from the UK more closely... its hard enough trying to convert ZAR prices into Zambian curency without the Pound sterling showing its head every once in a while. It is also annoying to see a product mentioned in the article that is nowhere in the rest of the review. Like in Feb issue, the MoBo test. There was mention of an Abit mobo in the text, but it was missing from the test.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
jee

Post by jee »

VileEd wrote: I'll try harder next time not to do the cover under the influence of alcohol. Everything seems blurry then. :wink: [/b]
whooohooo actually, that makes one more creative! well up to a point..... btw you spell like me ;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
hexXie

Post by hexXie »

VileEd wrote: . Cunstructive criticism never hurt anyone. Even the guy who thought it was rushed.
You mean that WASNT you on the floor? My mistake....

Sorry but it genuinely looks like it to me, but then again, it's only MY opinion... :wink:

:idea: good 2 c u on the forums (again).
Everyday, I browse the forums just to make sure that there still are people more pathetic than me.
proaTt

Post by proaTt »

First off all I said the overclocking section sucks,then jee gaved me a stuped comment, I couldnt resist callin her a old hag,but im sorry for that,but she should have keeped her mouth closed then I wouldnd have done that...
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Proatt this is your last warning. Jee, like everyone else on these forums including you, has the right to have her say. She wasn't abusive or antagonistic towards you - she merely disagreed with you - so this does not justify name calling in any way whatsoever. This time she wasn't the one complaining, I was, and many other people have since come forward to ask for your removal from the forums. Kindly read the forum guidelines, refrain from abusive behaviour and we'll all get along nicely.

If you have a problem with the magazine or people on the forums discuss these issues constructively. Hurling abuse like "it sucks" or "old hag" doesn't do anything except make you look foolish. Last warning.
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

***off topic to lighten the subject*** I wish I could have a sig like Tamsini's :lol:
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

proaTt wrote:First off all I said the overclocking section sucks,then jee gaved me a stuped comment, I couldnt resist callin her a old hag,but im sorry for that,but she should have keeped her mouth closed then I wouldnd have done that...
There was absolutely no need for you to call jee an old hag. I suggest you be a man and stop acting like little kid and apologise. I dont call the above an apology either so dont say that you've already said sorry.

Now, back to the topic
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

whohoo the big guns have come to the party, i noticed a small glitch in the overclocking area of the mag not sure if it was meant to be like that or not but it confused me for a second or two its on page 23 in the box showing how much you overclocked either the card or processor by. The first box is titled graphics card yet you have the processor names in there with a graphics card picture was that a typo? im just pointing it out for future editions :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

GreyWolf wrote:well as long as we are on the "constructive criticism" front... I got one for ya...

edit the reviews from the UK more closely... its hard enough trying to convert ZAR prices into Zambian curency without the Pound sterling showing its head every once in a while. It is also annoying to see a product mentioned in the article that is nowhere in the rest of the review. Like in Feb issue, the MoBo test. There was mention of an Abit mobo in the text, but it was missing from the test.
This is something that bother me a bit as well. Another thing that bothered me slightly was the fact that ATITool had been left off the coverdisc even though it was supposed to have been included. Given, it's a tiny download, and it's only one program, but i'm just saying that the CD should be checked to ensure that all programs have in fact been included.

Just my 2cents worth :wink: :D
capanno

Post by capanno »

Somewehere in a one of the latest issues a price was given in pounds. I think its in da new one, but dont ask me where! I cant remember.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Somewehere in a one of the latest issues a price was given in pounds. I think its in da new one, but dont ask me where! I cant remember.
You'll see for alot of products it states "not known when it will be available in SA but it's reviewed anyway" so they really can only give a foreign price.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Somewehere in a one of the latest issues a price was given in pounds. I think its in da new one, but dont ask me where! I cant remember.
1 Pound can like to be 11.15 Rand :wink:
capanno

Post by capanno »

On that note, why do they review stuff thats not available in SA? Im just curious...
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:On that note, why do they review stuff thats not available in SA? Im just curious...
*smacks Capanno* Don't you want a view of what goes on in the world?
capanno

Post by capanno »

wit_skapie wrote:*smacks Capanno*
OUCH!!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:*smacks Capanno*
OUCH!!
hehe... sorry :blush: .... i've got a spastic arm... :D
scryed

Post by scryed »

well i dont want to know, ducks for a smack. Then i want it and cant have it! Like "cough" everquest 2 "cough"
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Creator wrote: This is something that bother me a bit as well. Another thing that bothered me slightly was the fact that ATITool had been left off the coverdisc even though it was supposed to have been included. Given, it's a tiny download, and it's only one program, but i'm just saying that the CD should be checked to ensure that all programs have in fact been included.

Just my 2cents worth :wink: :D
Really sorry about that but which issue are you talking about and where did it mention that it was included on the disc?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

hey cameron i the latest issue of PCF page 22 in a small box called "How it's done"
1: Install and run ATITool from your PCF coverdisc.
it doesnt say which disk but i would understand it to be under the new disc.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Anakha56 wrote:hey cameron i the latest issue of PCF page 22 in a small box called "How it's done"
1: Install and run ATITool from your PCF coverdisc.
it doesnt say which disk but i would understand it to be under the new disc.
Ja, it's under the overclocking section. It really isn't a major problem, and like I said, it's only a small program. :) Maybe a review liscensed from the UK PCF and you guys forgot to read through and include the relevant programs? :?: