Sound Problems

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Charger1406

Sound Problems

Post by Charger1406 »

Hey guys, my comp has just realized that it hasn't been giving me problems lately, so it gave me one. Sometimes when I play a game, listen to music anything to do with sound it sometimes starts giving off a heavy distorted\static sound. All sounds are distorted and there's a hint of static(sorta like on a radio) but all I have to do is restart the program and hey Presto! sounds back to normal. But,(as always) it's doing it right now as I'm typing this post, I rstart winamp, nothing. I can't restart my comp because I'm busy with a download thats taking forever. I'musing the onboard Nvidia sound(Soundstorm by the look of it) on a MSI k7N2 Delta ILSR.I've got no other sound cards or nothing. I'm using my Hi-Fi as speakers and I hace no clue what to do, please help!!! It's too quiet. :!: :!:
Zero

Post by Zero »

Charger, Iknow it's basics but did u check the cables? and reinstall the drivers/ or get the new nForce drivers?
The Gentle Giant, the last of his Clan...
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

I'm busy downloading the new drivers. I know that the cables are fine. has anyone else ever had this problem?
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

thats weird, winamp sounds crap, windows sounds cr@p but the music player thingie in kazaa sounds perfect!! WTF!!!
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Shame thats cr@ppy, sounds like a driver thing then!!
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Almost sounds like my problem except I don't hear static, it sounds like I'm inside a tin can... problem started when I installed the NEW Nvidia Nforce drivers... they were supposed to fixEAX , not screw everything else up!!

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium