Ubuntu Wallpaper

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
Narkath

Ubuntu Wallpaper

Post by Narkath »

In my impatience for the Ubuntu discs--and my frustration at attempting to download it on 56k only to fail since SP2 prevented me from seeing my new 80GB HDD which I bought so I could free up one of my partitions for said OS *wheez...wheez...wheez* *Pulls in deep breath* -- I have created an Ubuntu wallpaper.^_^
The tux image I borrowed from somewhere else (the logo too) as I am hopeless at drawing penguins--not that I've ever tried. In any event, and without further ado, here it is.

(click on the thumbnail for full image)
Last edited by Narkath on 19 Nov 2004, 20:11, edited 3 times in total.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ubuntu Wallpaper

Post by neon_chameleon »

Narkath wrote:In my impatience for the Ubuntu discs--and my frustration at attempting to download it on 56k only to fail since SP1 prevented me from seeing my new 80GB HDD which I bought so I could free up one of my partitions for said OS *wheez...wheez...wheez* *Pulls in deep breath* -- I have created an Ubuntu wallpaper.^_^
The tux image I borrowed from somewhere else (the logo too) as I am hopeless at drawing penguins--not that I've ever tried. In any event, and without further ado, here it is.
This is schweet. Nice Narkath!

56K <- :(

I'm deciding whether to download it or not 'Cos I know if I download Ubuntu Linux, then I find somebody that has a cd for it. Which will annoy me a lot. I was going to order it, but I missed the closing date for the distribution, also I didn't know how much the delivery charges were.

If you think drawing penguins is hard, try panda's. They have many more shades of black and white. :)
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

You missed the deadline? That sucks. Maybe someone could send you a disc when they arrive? Maybe I will.
I might give the download another go. Do nothing but download and it will take a less than a week. In fact I'll be done by Tuesday. Or sooner. Thats if I bother. Its not the end of the world if I don't get it right now. They'll come when they come.
In the mean while, I'll play with Damn Small Linux, which is something they should put on the PCF disc IMO.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yes, I was busy with varsity stuff and my internet keeps disconnecting at rather random times. Like when I just found something interesting to read. lol. Also it involved filling out a online form and giving out personal information on a public site, not one of best the things to do. Wait what I am I saying, it's ol' Mr Shuttleworth, he basically invented 128bit SSL encryption. Still I don't like giving out physical address, stuff like that, I'm paranoid.

I have got leased 56K line or something? At home or at work?
Maybe I will.
Cool, a maybe. When are those disks suppose to be distributed. I also really like to use Ubuntu Linux.

What's this "Damn Small Linux" about? Besides the blatantly obvious thing about it. I have Knoppix and Smoothwall already. Got a link for this Linux distro?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Soon the topic will be more about linux than about linux graphics. lol
Damn Small Linux can be found here -> Damn Small Linux
It's basically a small (50MB) live/installable linux distro that still a has desktop GUI. It's small enough to fit on a business card cd i.e. one of those discs with the sides cut off.
I downloaded it when I mucked up the partial Ubuntu download. I needed a new OS after all the disappointment so I went for one of the smallest out there. It's pretty cool really.

I worked it out long ago that no one really cares where I live or what my name is. Don't get me wrong, I still don't give out my name unnecessarily, but I'm not so paranoid anymore. I mean, I am getting free stuff after all.

Edit: Oh, and I have no idea when they are sending the discs out. I think it may have already been.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Soon the topic will be more about linux than about linux graphics. lol
:)
Damn Small Linux can be found here -> Damn Small Linux
Thanks will download it now.
It's small enough to fit on a business card cd i.e. one of those discs with the sides cut off.
Those are cool.
I worked it out long ago that no one really cares where I live or what my name is. Don't get me wrong, I still don't give out my name unnecessarily, but I'm not so paranoid anymore. I mean, I am getting free stuff after all.
Yes, granted people don't care what or who you are, just as long as you have a physical address or e-mail address to send spam to.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, only a free OS - Linux!
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

neon_chameleon wrote: When are those disks suppose to be distributed. I also really like to use Ubuntu Linux.
They been sent already. Some of the forum have already got em i think.
I know i've got a slip in my post box saying i got a package to pick up and its the only thing i've ordered this month so i'm guessing its it
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Screeper wrote:
neon_chameleon wrote: When are those disks suppose to be distributed. I also really like to use Ubuntu Linux.
They been sent already. Some of the forum have already got em i think.
I know i've got a slip in my post box saying i got a package to pick up and its the only thing i've ordered this month so i'm guessing its it
That's schweet. Now for me get it from somebody. 8)
Rikkelz

Post by Rikkelz »

Neon, BTW , they have extended their distribution cut off date so if you've got over your paranoia then you can still order!

Rikkelz
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Rikkelz wrote:Neon, BTW , they have extended their distribution cut off date so if you've got over your paranoia then you can still order!

Rikkelz
LOL! Thanks, Rikkelz!