Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Diablo 3 Official!!!

Post by hamin_aus »

rustypup wrote:the jeweller is the lamest of gold sinks. it's so clumsy it's almost insulting. :|
Haven't spent a sent on the jeweller yet, getting by by not using gear with equipment slots or trading /begging with team mates
rustypup wrote:the AH is, as predicted, pay-to-win. why play through the game in order to find the required kit when you can hit the AH, enter your class+level and buy your next upgrade :roll:
The AH is full of cancer and fail. Ridiculous prices and retarded buyers over-inflating everything.
However I do see a place for it. There will always be gamers who enjoy the long haul game, and there will always be players who like shortcuts. Why not create a win-win for both of these groups.
Players who like to buy wins still have to play to earn the gold to buy the loot.
What I am dreading is the eventual real-money auction-house... hello Chinese loot farmers
rustypup wrote:blues still offer slightly better stats than rares... making the rare drops an interesting source of crafting ingredients and not much else :/
I'd say one in 30 blue drops are usable, and maybe one on 10 yellows for me.
Has anyone ever had an orange :?:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

No orange for me :(. Still waiting for it. Played briefly yesterday and got my rear handed to me by three of those green exploding goblin critters :(. I friggin hate those guys... :(
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

jamin_za wrote:Haven't spent a sent on the jeweller yet
you're not playing barb/monk?..

doo..bee..doo.. killing demons. killing demons. aaarrgh! molten! aargh! stunned!
"You have died. Wait here a few seconds and contemplate how you would be feeling if this were hardcore. OK. You can die again now."

i suck at this game... without the vitality boost my barb dies so much it's like she's having epileptic fits... :lol:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

rustypup wrote:
jamin_za wrote:Haven't spent a sent on the jeweller yet
you're not playing barb/monk?..

doo..bee..doo.. killing demons. killing demons. aaarrgh! molten! aargh! stunned!
"You have died. Wait here a few seconds and contemplate how you would be feeling if this were hardcore. OK. You can die again now."

i suck at this game... without the vitality boost my barb dies so much it's like she's having epileptic fits... :lol:
rusty is a confused person... :P

I have traded off ultimate damage on my swords for life recovery/steal. Especially when you get mobbed by those exploding guys and your follower is stuck on other critters :/.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

I'm playing a Monk - level 30 at the moment
I definitely think the ranged characters are OP, I have two friends, one a level 38 Wizrd and one a Level 36 Witchdoctor and both of them make my character seem as threatening as a baby shaking a rattle

The Wizard has the same heatlth as me but almost 4 times the DPS - simply looking an enemy will cause it to explode
The witch doctor hasn't bothered with health (he's got less than 1000) because the stupid AI only attacks his summoned creatures - he'll go through a dungeon and not get hit once

Barbarian will probably be the last race I play. Definitly doing Wizard next.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Saw that yesterday. Had a Wizard join my game and I got to hit no critters because he cleared the room easily by himself :(. Same applied with the Demon Hunter & Witch Doctor... :(

It is really unbalanced right now...
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I've picked up my first legendary last night. Stupid thing needs lvl13 though and I am in the 30s with way better gear.

The AH is pay to win and it does make the game easier. At this stage I won't complain about it. All I do is search for a weapon with a max buyout of 5000 gold. An easy amount to regain and not encouraging some of the rediculous pricing thats currently plaguing the AH. saw a 2,000,000,000 buyout last night. That man deserves a prize.

I must admit I am starting to worry that Torchlight 2 won't match up. The skill unlocks is a better way to go than talent when you wish to try out a new attack. Maybe TL2 should stick to talents but duel purpose it, like "Duel Blade Toss - adds 15% dmg per rank for this skill and improves crit strikes with all attacks by 1% per rank". That way you might end up investing in everything.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

I must be doing somethring wrong with my wich doctor. Last night I died numerous times in act 2. I am never sure weather he is ranged or mele.

scenario 1: THe zombie dogs die almost instantly at the start of an encounter. Then I am stuck surrounded by mobs.
scenario 2: Dogs stay alive, but then I need ot get in close to unleash my zombie chargers.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Molean

Post by Molean »

I noticed the variance the other day, when the blue items I pick up are being more stronger than my current yellow items...

Have you guys read through the list of achievements? There are some absolutely absurd enteries...

"Kill Diablo on Hell/inferno without any Items"

"No damage dealt to you the entire game" - I think thats what it read...I just shook my head...there are many more...

Like seriously?
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
MIA

Post by MIA »

Molean wrote:I noticed the variance the other day, when the blue items I pick up are being more stronger than my current yellow items...

Have you guys read through the list of achievements? There are some absolutely absurd enteries...

"Kill Diablo on Hell/inferno without any Items"

"No damage dealt to you the entire game" - I think thats what it read...I just shook my head...there are many more...

Like seriously?
And yet, you will get those "overachievers" that'll attempt to get those achievements :lol:
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
Molean

Post by Molean »

GreyWolf wrote:I must be doing somethring wrong with my wich doctor. Last night I died numerous times in act 2. I am never sure weather he is ranged or mele.

scenario 1: THe zombie dogs die almost instantly at the start of an encounter. Then I am stuck surrounded by mobs.
scenario 2: Dogs stay alive, but then I need ot get in close to unleash my zombie chargers.
What build are you currently using...

I am finding this quite effective...

1. Zombie dogs - Rabid Rune
2. Soul Harvest - Claim Mana From usage Rune
3. Acid Could - Glob Rune
4. Gargantuan - Rage Rune

Left Click - Blowdart - Splinter Rune
Right Click - Ensare - The rune that makes it regen in 5 secs.

I usually ensnare the mob, run up to them while my creeps are attacking, Soul Harvest, then pull back with an Acid Cloud on the mob, into another snare, then blow dart the heck out of the mob, while droppping more acid and ensaring until dead...will respawn my creeps if need be...

I Sometimes swap things around and will put Ensnare as action bar 3 and make my right click Dire Bats...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

My tactic is to charge into the middle of a mob and hold down my left mouse button until they or I die
Molean

Post by Molean »

jamin_za wrote:My tactic is to charge into the middle of a mob and hold down my left mouse button until they or I die
Do you yell Kamakazi while charging?
MIA

Post by MIA »

Molean wrote:
jamin_za wrote:My tactic is to charge into the middle of a mob and hold down my left mouse button until they or I die
Do you yell Kamakazi while charging?
Nah, i bet he yells: For the HORDE :lol:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05 ... iii-hacks/

And the list of fails continue.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Molean wrote:I usually ensnare the mob, run up to them while my creeps are attacking, Soul Harvest, then pull back with an Acid Cloud on the mob
and how are you managing the vortex/teleport mobs?
Molean

Post by Molean »

rustypup wrote:
Molean wrote:I usually ensnare the mob, run up to them while my creeps are attacking, Soul Harvest, then pull back with an Acid Cloud on the mob
and how are you managing the vortex/teleport mobs?
Thats when I will alter my attacks to be more powerful on individual units than trying to nail a mob of units, so I can kill them as quick as possible...Ensnare I find to be very helpful...especially with it's 5 sec cooldown timer enabled Rune...(Forgot the name)...and of course none stop moving around also helps...
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Seems someone cancelled a D3 Collectors edition. If your still willing to pay R720 for the game:
http://www.takealot.com/gaming/action-a ... c,10798313

If Diablo 3 is getting you all down ...http://www.torchlight2game.com/ :P
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Ya it's not there any more. I just tried to buy it.
1 of 2 things happened:
1. My jumping between browsers because their checkout doesn't load in neither Chrome nor FF and forcing me to use IE caused the session to get all knackered and stuffed up, and I can't complete the transaction (may cart is empty all of a sudden) or,
2. Their half-arsed website that doesn't work in Chrome nor FF wasted my valuable time and someone jumped me by a few seconds.

Either way- it's THEIR FAULT :x
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Loving all the TL2 plugs in the Diablo thread... I swear Blizzards not giving a fark about us is going to triple TL2 sales
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

i'm beginning to think actiblizz is trying really hard to troll the "EU getting no support/feedback" whiners...

US only competitions... :lol:

incomming whaaaambulance flood in 3...2...
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Yesterday I saw a thread on the eu.battle.net forums.

"Where can I get a crack for Diablo 3"

I **** you not, the thread lasted for 7 pages before it was deleted. I am only sorry I didn't screen capture it before it got nuked.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I'm expecting a copy of D3 before to long.

BattleTag=Daeva#1995
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Okay so balance issues, jeez.

Killed
Spoiler (show)
the Butcher
at the end of Act I without my barb even breaking a sweat.

One hour into Act II, currently level 17, and the mobs are pwning me, voraciously. Have LMB mapped to the skill for taking out groups (swings your weapon in an arc) and have Nerves of Steel passive. Had to very quickly abandon dual-wield to try bolster my armor with a shield but those wasps jobs keep spamming me and together with those bomb-wielding lunatics, I'm taking a beating :oops: Feeling muchos-lame, don't recall struggling like this in DII. Stumbled upon some Cannibal dude in a cellar in the desert who seems two mm short of invincible, shock him, stun him, apply all sorts of elemental damage and he just shrugs it off like dandruff. Abandoned that very quickly, will re-visit when I level up a bit.

To make things worse, I got mid-way between check-points and my USB HSPA connection decided to take a breather, so got booted immediately, sigh.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

I won't say THAT guy was a walk in the park for me, but I managed him 1st time so I am happy.

atm I have CLEAVE and for those dammed wasps, I use THROW WEAPON which helps quite a bit (you talking bout the ones spewing those little poisonous bugs at you? or those group things you hardly see until they on you? )
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Off-The-Chart wrote:I won't say THAT guy was a walk in the park for me, but I managed him 1st time so I am happy.

atm I have CLEAVE and for those dammed wasps, I use THROW WEAPON which helps quite a bit (you talking bout the ones spewing those little poisonous bugs at you? or those group things you hardly see until they on you? )
That's the name of the skill I was talking about. And yes, I'm talking about the ones spewing those poison bugs. I can see how a ranged character would take those out easily, I have to race after them like a loon across the desert plains to kill them otherwise they keep coming back for more.

And I must admit, elective mode isn't all that helpful (yet) for a Barb, I find the slots locked in as default balance the Barb quite nicely.

Is it just me, but can't seem to find a quick way to switch rapidly between primary skills mapped to LMB. So when you get to a boss, for instance, I want cleave equipped to deal with the mobs and then switch quickly to Bash to deal with the boss himself, but that usually involves me dealing with the mob and hightailing it out of range of the boss to switch my master skill and wait for it to charge up.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]