Bring the foil - the innerwebs are in your lighbulb!

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
jee

Bring the foil - the innerwebs are in your lighbulb!

Post by jee »

But radio waves are just one part of the spectrum that can carry our data. What if we could use other waves to surf the internet?

One German physicist, Harald Haas, has come up with a solution he calls “data through illumination”—taking the fiber out of fiber optics by sending data through an LED lightbulb that varies in intensity faster than the human eye can follow. It’s the same idea behind infrared remote controls, but far more powerful.

Haas says his invention, which he calls D-Light, can produce data rates faster than 10 megabits per second, which is speedier than your average broadband connection. He envisions a future where data for laptops, smartphones, and tablets is transmitted through the light in a room. And security would be a snap—if you can’t see the light, you can’t access the data.
a TED production
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Bring the foil - the innerwebs are in your lighbulb!

Post by hamin_aus »

We already have Ethernet over power which I have seen in action and it's great...

Also, 10mbps is a joke - standard WiFi is still faster - and not limited to line-of sight either.

And since when is 10mbps "speedier than your average broadband connection" :?:
As if everyone in the world has a Telkom ADSL line :P
jee

Post by jee »

I was told it will not work because of Escum and power outages.... ;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Too bad when that moth goes ****** insane around your lightbulb...

:lol:

No hunny, I promise you, I searched for corn... :lol: