F.3.A.R and everything related

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

F.3.A.R and everything related

Post by Siemens »

Seeing as there is a lot of talk on the forum about F.E.A.R. and about the upcoming F.3.A.R. Let's make a thread for it to discuss it properly.

I've just seen the trailer for the co-op and I'm so sad =(

I'd prefer it if it was 2 squad members, but playing as a zombie thing?? I dont know...
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: F.3.A.R and everything related

Post by StarBound »

FEAR should have stopped where it ended. But 2 expansions and a sequel later its apparent that its dead and they are just corps digging now.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Fear 2 was insane. I enjoyed every bit of it. It took the first fear and improved on it a lot. None of those repetitive dull grey offices. This time there was a lot more colour and unique level designs.
The only problems I really had with fear 2 was the fact that there was only 1 save slot and that was only for autosaves. The other thing that I didn't like was the flashlight was pretty useless since it barely lit anything.

The expansions was pretty sucky but I didnt mind them since they were in budget bin and made by a different studio. They still provided some good old run and gun fix.

But now this in the trailer??? =(
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

All I can say is WTF.
Is this from Japan???
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

LOL. I'd have to see what exactly it is they plan on doing with those "zombie powers" before I comment. It could go either way. What's going to be tough is making them good but not so good that the other player feels too limited in comparison.

FEAR 2 disappointed me mainly because of the lack of story. Considering how cool the first game's story was, it's sad to see how little effort they put into it. That and, the clones looked like they were on a strict McDonalds diet.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I'd say rename the game to something else. The split screen co-op might be interesting though.
My Steam Screenshots

-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Okay, I didn't know that Monolith isn't making Fear3. It is actually Day1 Studios :/
Here is an interview by eurogamer who seems concerned for all the changes.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... -interview

This explains it all.
At first I was :D and then I was :(
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

The expansions was still fine in my opinion. They retained the FEAR feel even though there was practicaly no story line in them.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

So there is nothing to be frightened about.
The Register wrote:...if you are that invested in the story it might suggest you're also a fan of the previous games and FEAR 3 is so different from them that you might come away disappointed, regardless. If on the other hand, you are considering FEAR 3 as a series starting point then you'll be equally disenchanted by the lack of clear narrative...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I FEAR that F3AR has lost the FEAR element.
My Steam Screenshots

JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

I FEAR you are trying too hard.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.