Conversations in the workplace

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: Conversations in the workplace

Post by wizardofid »

jamin_za wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:No more gossip, discussions based on the previous night's soap operas or updates on domestic conflict.
Mine still consists of us blaming each other for mistakes both real and imaged, questions about sexual orientation, racism, sexism, making the circle beeega etc etc

Aahh true
making the circle beeega
true,! with you around they have to.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
ADT

Post by ADT »

The conversation in my workplace between me and my colleagues, will probably bore you people :o
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

You're probably right.

So don't tell us.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

jamin_za wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:No more gossip, discussions based on the previous night's soap operas or updates on domestic conflict.
Mine still consists of us blaming each other for mistakes both real and imaged, questions about sexual orientation, racism, sexism, making the circle beeega etc etc
Surely you are beyond reproach. :wink:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

StarPhoenix wrote:Surely you are beyond reproach. :wink:
Sadly no.

I spent the whole of today as the butt of a joke when I was given two drives to add to a server - HP DL 360 G5.
Off I go only to see that there are only 4 drive bays in the server and they are all full.

I have a little rant over the phone at the colleague who instructed me to add the drives - words to the effect of he is not very knowledgeable and has not fully mastered his sense of sight.

He gets to the office and shows me the two spare drive bays cleverly disguised by front plates that match the design of the front of the server making them look like part of the case...

Queue embarrassment and ridicule.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Welcome to my world.

By the time you get to my current age, you'll have become used to the feeling. ;-)
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Sounds just like my office, but without the random and alarmingly realistic renditions of "get on my horse" being thrown in there as well. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
ADT

Post by ADT »

Ron2K wrote:^^ Sounds just like my office, but without the random and alarmingly realistic renditions of "get on my horse" being thrown in there as well. ;)

Haha my one colleague has get on my horse as a ringtone :lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

jamin_za wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:Surely you are beyond reproach. :wink:
Sadly no.

I spent the whole of today as the butt of a joke when I was given two drives to add to a server - HP DL 360 G5.
Off I go only to see that there are only 4 drive bays in the server and they are all full.

I have a little rant over the phone at the colleague who instructed me to add the drives - words to the effect of he is not very knowledgeable and has not fully mastered his sense of sight.

He gets to the office and shows me the two spare drive bays cleverly disguised by front plates that match the design of the front of the server making them look like part of the case...

Queue embarrassment and ridicule.
:lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

My office is very quite. They are very formal. Everyone seems to work and keep to themselves. drives me crazy sometimes.

Its the only thing that i miss from my old work place. (The conversations.... but my boss sucked.)
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU