Mass Effect 2

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
ADT

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by ADT »

:twisted: soon my precious soon :lol:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

ME 2 is absolutely brilliant... looks like Bioware actually listened to the fans and fixed the few flaws that ME 1 had.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
ADT

Post by ADT »

Played ME 2 it over the weekend at a friend..and all i can say is WOW, will probably acquire it MYSELF through this week :twisted:
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Game is brilliant finished my first playthrough a few days ago. The sidequests are 100% improved over me1. Only complaint is the tedious planet scanning for resources.

Also for those with cerberus network access they released another pair of armour and a gun yesterday.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Interfan wrote:Only complaint is the tedious planet scanning for resources.
this added zero value in the first game... why is it still there?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

rustypup wrote:
Interfan wrote:Only complaint is the tedious planet scanning for resources.
this added zero value in the first game... why is it still there?
So you can research stuff. I swear someone needs to write some code so we can just click with right and it stays scanning instead of holding the right mouse button down. My wrists are killing me and I got to a point where I just went and did the game without upgrading small stuff. Also I love having this whole galaxy to explore but whats the point when you cant sell abundant resources to buy rare ones or just to get more credits? I thought trade was a major thing about galactic civilizations. :roll:

It is a awesome game and I really want to do a second run through but I dont know if I want to destroy my wrists in the process...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

I was also hoping for the whole trading of resources. I have so much of everything that I no longer scan any planets. Another thing I find it to tempting being a nice guy all the time. Like with the reporter I ended up going all renegade on her and a few others. Now I dont have full loyalty. I'm starting round 2 today. I finally have some free time.
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

To save my wrists some pain I found a character editor to add resources for researching. Cheating I know but I dont want to have bad wrists due to one game...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

I usually have to clear my desk when scanning planets or else everything just flies onto the floor.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

There was one method I read to help battle scanning problems however it is slow. Hold down right mouse button and use the WASD keys to control the scanning, let me know how you find it ;).
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Anyone else get the feeling that shepard is more evil this time around in his conversations? Most of the time you try to convince someone of something you end up threatening the guy into submission although it looks like the "good" choice.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Ok finished the game and here are my thoughts:

The game starts better than the first. The combat feels easier than the first.
The upgrade system over the constant weapon swapouts and upgrades gives the game an overall faster pace but you end up wishing that they added more armor and weapon models to the game.
Character developement and relationships in the game suck compared to dragon age. Characters like Garrus which was talkative in the first game is less interactive than in the first. As a Male Shepard Jack can come onto you too fast, Miranda takes a while but also feels fast and fake with a sudden turn on. The only real feeling ones are Kelly (your assistant) and Tali with her taking a good long while to show her feelings.
The missions feels flat compared to ME1. You would get your mission and do it as if it was isolated from the world. once your mission is done you cant go back either.
The end boss and ending leaves me with mix feelings. On the one hand it doesnt feel like the right end for a game in this time and age, it feels retro. It doesnt fit but I like it. The ending feels like halo 2. Thousands of reapers heading to the galaxy you know and all that comes to mind is "It's time to finish the fight".

ME2 is not better than ME1 but is worth playing. If you still have your save from ME1 import that and play with its events.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
H3R3T1C

Post by H3R3T1C »

I pre-ordered the game, got it, installed it and played it...Absolutely amazing my jaw dropped and broke a few floor tiles from astonishment (mostly because my pc is not supposed to be able to run this game and also from my eyes being poked fun at by the images on screen). I do however have slight problem...I am at the place where you fight the collectors for the first time where they are in the process of abducting the colony. Specifically where you fight the Preatorian for the first time and you are getting the planetary defense weaponry online. Now I hand the Preatorian's Reapered bottom to it six-luv, however just as I kill it the game crashes with no error messages and I have tried everything from running in a window to switching off the sound to re-installing the game. Please any help would be appreciated.
Intel Pentium 4 530 LGA 775 3.0 GHz Processor (with a custom cooler from JetMaster);
Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2C Intel G31 + ICH7 Chipset Motherboard;
Chaintech nVidia Geforce 8500GT 256Mb 128-bit GDDRII "Low-Profile" Graphics Card;
2x2Gb (4Gb) DDR II 800 MHz Kingston ValueRam;
1x 160 Gb Samsung HDD 32Mb Cache SATAII;
1x 160 Gb Western Digital HDD 32Mb Cache SATAII;
1x 160 Gb Seagate Baracuda HDD 32Mb Cache SATAII;
RAIDMAXX 700w PSU;
1x LITEON 24X DVD COMBO Drive;
AIRIS Professional/Gaming Chassis
Samsung 793s SyncMaster 19" CRT Monitor;
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

H3R3T1C wrote:I pre-ordered the game, got it, installed it and played it...Absolutely amazing my jaw dropped and broke a few floor tiles from astonishment (mostly because my pc is not supposed to be able to run this game and also from my eyes being poked fun at by the images on screen). I do however have slight problem...I am at the place where you fight the collectors for the first time where they are in the process of abducting the colony. Specifically where you fight the Preatorian for the first time and you are getting the planetary defense weaponry online. Now I hand the Preatorian's Reapered bottom to it six-luv, however just as I kill it the game crashes with no error messages and I have tried everything from running in a window to switching off the sound to re-installing the game. Please any help would be appreciated.
Do you have the game patched and latest gfx drivers?? Have you tried lowering gfx quality,different resolution,ect??
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

love it simply too good.... im glad they removed that free roam and the cut and paste side quests. the game is more efficient now and lacks the tedious running back to your ship and running in circles... Although i'd prefer to have debrifing after each mission like the first one rather than the "mission completed screens"

What is also good is that the characters have evolved.... they are no longer the same their personalities have changed to provide that sense of time... for example garrus, this makes mass effect more than a sequel... but rather a continuation of the story that is commander shepard. I do miss the various options in upgrading abilities but the game has been stream lined which doesnt drag the gameplay sorting and switching equipment. My only flaw with mass effect 2 is why cant the normandy carry more damn probes, and there isnt much shopping to do in terms of items