Cannot copy to flash drive or SD card

Any hardware related topics go here.
rusty3280

Cannot copy to flash drive or SD card

Post by rusty3280 »

Hi guys, hope anybody can help me. I have 3 flash drives and a SD card, they are all FAT and 2 gig in size. I copied 895 mp3 files to the one, but the other two flash drives and SD does not allow me to copy more than 478mb. I right click on them and they show more than enough space available.
I've reformated them and tried to copy the files again. And everytime the total size of the files reach 478mb, it says, Cannot copy files to destination, make sure the path is correct or that the drive is not full... or something to that effect.
Im using Windows 7 and a Toshiba Laptop. Two of the drives is Transcend, the third is a HP and the last one a Kingston. I dont want to create subfolders, coz then my mp3 player does not pick up the files. Hope somebody can help!
WiK1d

Re: Cannot copy to flash drive or SD card

Post by WiK1d »

Format to NTFS and try again?
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Use a different USB port? Update mobo drivers? Try copying mp3s from someone else's computer onto the flash drives?
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Its possible your flash memory cards have marked that portion of memory as unreliable in which case you will never be able to write to that portion.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Virus maybe?

Have you checked your Seamoss Battery?
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.