Australia bans upcoming Left 4 Dead 2

Any news articles that the G3AR team posts will go in here.
Drakonis
G3AR Online Content Editor

Australia bans upcoming Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Drakonis »

No, you may not kill zombies, even in self defense...
The kind folks who administer games ratings in the land Down Under have just refused classification of Valve’s upcoming sequel to multiplayer zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead. The rating was declined across all platforms of the survival-horror shooter.
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
My opinion, not the mag's
c0d3r

Re: Australia bans upcoming Left 4 Dead 2

Post by c0d3r »

Ahh fun. Australia refuses to classify the game, NZ will probably follow suit. :evil:
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

What a bunch of twa's
ManTroniK

Post by ManTroniK »

Hmmm... Killing the dead and making them even dead-er, inspires violence in people. Makes sense to me, in a weird way

Lets ban all puzzle quest games... it inspires people to become violent masterminds and mafia lords. Because if you get 3 (or more) gems in row you deal damage to your opponent and eventually kill them off one-by-one :D

Maybe someone will follow our example if we do, lol
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Hmmm... Oz is going to be screwed when the zombie apocalypse happens. They're not going to have the experience and skills to fend off the zombies!

Do we care? Not really.

:twisted:
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Monty, :twisted: :lol:
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Monty wrote:Hmmm... Oz is going to be screwed when the zombie apocalypse happens. They're not going to have the experience and skills to fend off the zombies!

Do we care? Not really.

have you read about using the concept of a zombie apocalypse to model the spread of extreme diseases? :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Prime wrote:
Monty wrote:Hmmm... Oz is going to be screwed when the zombie apocalypse happens. They're not going to have the experience and skills to fend off the zombies!

Do we care? Not really.

have you read about using the concept of a zombie apocalypse to model the spread of extreme diseases? :lol:
Who needs a zombie apocalypse when you have Shane Warne?
Prime

Post by Prime »

Stuart wrote:
Prime wrote:

Do we care? Not really.

Who needs a zombie apocalypse when you have Shane Warne?
well he has the brain function of one :lol:
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Second game they have banned in a few months. Risen also got banned for having suggestive prostitution(no real act just the suggestion) and weed in the game.

Somehow dragon age origins with its gore and sex scenes got through the censors. EA probably had to throw in quite a few bucks to please the panel.

Still don't get whey Aus don't want to have a higher than 15+ age rating. They still feel only kids play games.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Prime

Post by Prime »

Interfan wrote:Second game they have banned in a few months. Risen also got banned for having suggestive prostitution(no real act just the suggestion) and weed in the game.

Somehow dragon age origins with its gore and sex scenes got through the censors. EA probably had to throw in quite a few bucks to please the panel.

Still don't get whey Aus don't want to have a higher than 15+ age rating. They still feel only kids play games.
When Australian children turn 15, they are given sheep as birthday presents :twisted:
FrostiE

Post by FrostiE »

Prime wrote:
Interfan wrote:Second game they have banned in a few months. Risen also got banned for having suggestive prostitution(no real act just the suggestion) and weed in the game.

When Australian children turn 15, they are given sheep as birthday presents :twisted:
I always thought it was just the boy's who got them. They turned 15, where led into the great paddock and returned men. You know, a slightly different take on the whole 'right of passage' thing that violated nearly as many laws at it did sheep.