Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

ASUS Designs Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB GPU

Post by Anakha56 »

http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?95445
ASUS has just designed a new monster graphics card that breaks the mold for reference design GeForce GTX 295, called the ASUS MARS 295 Limited Edition. The card, although retains the name "GeForce GTX 295", same device ID, and is compatible with existing NVIDIA drivers, has two huge innovations put in by ASUS, which go far beyond being yet another overclocked GeForce GTX 295: the company used two G200-350-B3 graphics processors, the same ones that make the GeForce GTX 285. The GPUs have all the 240 shader processors enabled, and also have the complete 512-bit GDDR3 memory interface enabled. This dual-PCB monstrosity holds 32 memory chips, and 4 GB of total memory (each GPU accesses 2 GB of it). Apart from these, each GPU system uses the same exact clock speeds as the GeForce GTX 285: 648/1476/2400 MHz (core/shader/memory).

Each PCB holds 16 memory chips, a 6-phase digital PWM power circuit, drawing auxiliary power from an 8-pin PCI-E power connector, the GeForce GTX 285-class GPU, and its companion NVIO2 processor. The PCB holding the PCI-Express bus interface, also holds the bridge chip. ASUS broke away with using the nForce 200 chip, and instead is using a yet to be disclosed third-party bridge chip. Currently, PLX and IDT are two likely sources for such a chip. The memory consists of high-density 0.77 ns memory chips made by Hynix.

The electrical-management on each PCB is care of a Volterra VRM controller, which supports the NV-I2C interface, which means that the card supports software voltage control, perhaps a big plus for ASUS' Voltage Tweak feature that is gaining in popularity. Fused power circuit provides Over Current Protection while also facilitating extreme overclocking.

The cooler internally has the same basic construction as the reference cooler, it uses a single leaf-blower. The card spans across two expansion slots and is slightly higher than the reference design card. ASUS also used slightly longer internal bridges that make more room for third-party coolers, and the likes. Our source from ASUS EMEA conducted a quick 3DMark Vantage test proving the card's seamless compatibility with existing drivers, while also providing a significant boost in performance over existing GTX 295 cards. Being Quad-SLI capable, this card finally makes GeForce GTX 285 (effective) quad-SLI possible, and makes for the most powerful desktop multi-GPU setup ever conceived. ASUS designed this card despite pressure from NVIDIA enforcing its rigid policy of restricting its partners from custom-designing GeForce GTX 295. If everything goes smooth throughout the development process, the card might make it for a gala launch at Computex.
So who is buying one? :P

/follow link for more pics :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Gouhan

Re: ASUS Designes Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB GPU

Post by Gouhan »

Not a chance I could afford one but certainly going to bench with one ;)
Sick benchmark results with it hehehehe especially since drivers recognize it as GTX295 which it is really :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Gouhan! Dude you have been away far to long! Welcome back! :D

I would love to own one of these wont need to do a GPU upgrade for quite awhile :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

i can haz?
Skroppy

Post by Skroppy »

Im gonna need a generator to power two of those...
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

ASUS Mars GPU

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

You into frame rates? No, we mean are you frickin' bonkers over watching your rig hit triple digits in a Crysis timedemo? If you're still nodding "yes," have a gander at what'll absolutely have to be your next buy. The ASUS Mars 295 Limited Edition is quite the unique beast, rocking a pair of GTX 285 chips that are viewed by Windows as a GeForce GTX 295. All told, you're looking at 240 shader processors, a 512-bit GDDR3 memory interface, 32 total memory chips and 4GB of RAM. Amazingly, the card is totally compatible with existing drivers and is Quad-SLI capable

ASUS was demonstrating its motherboard-incinerating Mars graphics card, which it proudly deemed "the world's fastest." In fact, the card packs 21 percent more power than a reference GeForce GTX 295 card, and the eight-heatpipe cooling solution keeps things at least a notch below molten. We found that the card will actually be sold in some capacity, though only 1,000 of them -- all of which will be individually numbered -- will be made available

OMG :shock:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: ASUS Mars GPU

Post by Stuart »

Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

:P my pics are better. mods please merge threads :mrgreen:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

true ... you have em in sli :mrgreen:
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Threads merged. :wink:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

yay ... now can you correct the spelling of "designs"?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I would love to review one... time to see if I can pull strings
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I want 3, 2 in SLI and 1 for Physix and then a lovely 40" monitor (were is that lotto when you realy need it)
E 6400 @ 3.2
Cooled by ASUS Silent Knight
GIGABYTE DQ6 (REV 2)MOB
2 GIG OCZ Flex DDR2 PC800
XFX 8600 GT Fatality
SEAGATE 320 GIG SATA 2
Western Digital 160 GIG SATA 2
500W POWER SUPLY
SoulBlade

Re: ASUS Designs Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB GPU

Post by SoulBlade »

Best looking gfx I've seen.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: ASUS Designs Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB GPU

Post by StarBound »

I thru my 2 in the trash. Now it should say 1/998 :mrgreen:

I wonder if the bank will ever do computer component finance. I wonder what the insurance will be. Think if you have to insure the nvidia driver and the card crashs.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.