Pictures not showing on Intranet

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Pictures not showing on Intranet

Post by Anakha56 »

Hello,

< background info >

Sometime ago our server's were hit with the Virux virus and it wreaked havoc with a lot of the files, to my great dismay my Intranet site was hit as well. In a effort to stop this problem occurring again we moved the Intranet site to our Linux proxy (which my boss has the only username and password) I have been given access via ftp to the Intranet folder and was told to update from there, connected to the folder via Dreamweaver --> Manage Sites.

< / background info >

My problem is this, every time I make changes to the site via Dreamweaver the site does not reflect the changes I make. The code shows the changes but when you view the site all the images are shown with a red "X" in the top left corner. Now I have tried pulling the file directly off of the server with filezilla and editing it manually with pictures that are working (using their paths) but I still cannot get anything to display, Dreamweaver is telling me that the update has completed successfully yet no pictures are showing. The pictures are located in the with in the Intranet folder so I dont see why there should be a problem.

Could it be a file permission error? When using my PC everything seems fine, when I login to another I get all these "X's" showing up :(.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Pictures not showing on Intranet

Post by Anakha56 »

never mind turned out to be a cache problem plus permissions on the new files. Thanks for reading anyway :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.