19 year old commits suicide on live webcam

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
justinufo

Re: 19 year old commits suicide on live webcam

Post by justinufo »

Prime wrote:
justinufo wrote:No.Suicides pointless dude.Only cowards take the easy way out.What did he prove?
Um and i suppose you aren't a coward for sitting behind a computer screen and anonymously condemning other people for stuff you clearly don't understand. :roll:

I can't comment for toher people but i tried once. I don't remember quite why i tried, but i do remember that feeling that i was all alone and didn't have the will to carry on, that i didn't feel any need for self preservation. :|

And i'll leave my views on religion out of this :wink:
Sowi to hear that dude.This is different though.He did it for attention.
Prime

Post by Prime »

justinufo wrote:
Prime wrote:
justinufo wrote:No.Suicides pointless dude.Only cowards take the easy way out.What did he prove?
Um and i suppose you aren't a coward for sitting behind a computer screen and anonymously condemning other people for stuff you clearly don't understand. :roll:

I can't comment for toher people but i tried once. I don't remember quite why i tried, but i do remember that feeling that i was all alone and didn't have the will to carry on, that i didn't feel any need for self preservation. :|

Yeah well, quite a few people do stupid things for attention. :wink:
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

/Gives Darwin Award
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

justinufo wrote:
Prime wrote:

How could you POSSIBLY know that? There's absolutely no way that you could know the true reason why this guy offed himself.

Sure, he did it on webcam, but maybe his intention was to show OTHER people not to get to the point where he was. Don't always assume the worst of people, dude.

StarPhoenix wrote:I would be interested to know whether suicides are less common among those who adhere to some or other faith.....
I can only speak for Christianity here, but I THINK (emphasis on think) that it would be significantly lower. Jesus teaches that He will never put you through something you cannot handle. Jesus will never give you a task that you simply cannot complete, you will always be able to handle it, even if only JUST. So as a Christian myself, i know that no matter how tough it gets, i'll make it. I'm not sure that all faiths teach this, but mine does :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

SykomantiS wrote:
justinufo wrote:Hectic.I have no mercy for people like that.Its stupid.Hes going to straight to hell.
+1
Who are we to judge. None of us has the right to point any fingers unless you have been in that exact situation. It is not something to joke around about. You should rather feel sad for the bloke
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

The victim aside - I feel sorry for his friends and family. Imagine the whole world knowing how he died? Many having watched it. Suicide is cruel only to those left behind. The one that died was ok with it.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Well i hav'nt been in the situation myself but people around me have been affected by suicide and in most cases twas avoided.Family members,friends and who's let behind to deal with the pain and hurt?He's still human and im sowi he died but its wrong.If things get tough for me i speak to someone.This is my opinion.If he had support or whatever maybe he wouldnt have done such a terrible thing.He made a statement with this whole debacle though.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
SykomantiS wrote:
justinufo wrote:Hectic.I have no mercy for people like that.Its stupid.Hes going to straight to hell.
+1
Who are we to judge. None of us has the right to point any fingers unless you have been in that exact situation. It is not something to joke around about. You should rather feel sad for the bloke
Tribble wrote:The victim aside - I feel sorry for his friends and family. Imagine the whole world knowing how he died? Many having watched it. Suicide is cruel only to those left behind. The one that died was ok with it.
That's exactly why I agree with Tribble and justinufo. Not only did he not solve the problem of whatever drove him to commit suicide, he managed to tear everyone else's lives to hell. He just created more problems.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

IS suicide illegal hey ?

I totally agree with justinufoon this!!!
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

justinufo wrote:.If things get tough for me i speak to someone.
A lot of depression can just happen without anything shocking or sad (or tough) happening in their lives. And at that moment you won't feel like talking to anyone. You will want to tell a lot of people you're sad but you wont want to face anyone.
I recall this from personal experience last year. I just got super-depressed for no reason what-so-ever, all that I did for a few weeks was lie in my bed going on to mxit now and then just to tell everyone how depressed I was.
Then one morning when I woke up the depressed feelings was gone.

And this isn't something I'd ever wish upon anyone else. I can understand the guy who did this. If all my friends encouraged me to commit suicide while I was on mxit I might have done it. It is just a pity all those people encouraged him. You get some damn scary people on the net but once you meet them face to face they are nothing but defenseless guys(maybe even girls) that's been picked on at school and then they go online where they feel superior and start offending others even to the point where they encourage people to commit suicide.

Or am I wrong?
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

D3PART3D wrote:Where is Stuart when you need him? He'd know this stuff.
I do? :shock:

Lol, the Bible doesn't say anything about murder or suicide being unforgiveable. Samson reached the point in his life when he thought that death was the only way out. When he (literally) brought the house down at the Philistines' feast in Judges 16, he prayed, "Let me die with the Philistines" (Judges 16:30). Yet Hebrews 11:32 mentions his name alongside people like Abraham, Moses, David and the other Old Testament heroes of the faith, all of whom went to heaven.
pienkie

Post by pienkie »

Stuart wrote:

Lol, the Bible doesn't say anything about murder or suicide being unforgiveable. Samson reached the point in his life when he thought that death was the only way out. When he (literally) brought the house down at the Philistines' feast in Judges 16, he prayed, "Let me die with the Philistines" (Judges 16:30). Yet Hebrews 11:32 mentions his name alongside people like Abraham, Moses, David and the other Old Testament heroes of the faith, all of whom went to heaven.
Yeah, but is that suicide or a leap of faith? Because he was not scared of dying or something along those lines?
AMD Tri-Core 720BE @ 3.5Ghz
Biostar TA790GX A3+
4gig OCZ Platinum DDR3-1333
ATI HD4890 @ 1050Mhz Mem / 900Mhz Core

3DMark06: 16 529
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Stuart wrote: Lol, the Bible doesn't say anything about murder or suicide being unforgiveable..
Yeah, the only unforgiveable thing is when you speak bad about the Holy Spirit, Jesus himself said it so it does fall in the new covenant.
But depending on what church you go to, some believe you need to ask for forgiveness before you can receive it. And when it comes to suicide, the murder is only officially a murder when the body is dead. Then it is impossible to ask for forgiveness unless it is permitted in heaven, or the place where God judges who goes to Heaven or Hell. I don't think it will be allowed there but I don't know no one does.

Since your body doesn't belong to you, it belongs to God. So suicide can also be seen as steeling from God.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

pienkie wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Yeah, but is that suicide or a leap of faith? Because he was not scared of dying or something along those lines?
It could be debated whether it was suicide or not. Nevertheless, it seems quite clear from the context that he had reached the point where he just no longer wanted to live. He had lost his strength, been captured by the Philistines, had his eyes gouged out, and was put to labour normally reserved for donkeys and oxen, so he really was tired of life. It wasn't suicide in the way that we think of it, but the point is he had grown tired of living and asked God to allow him to die.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

You know that's actually a pathetic single minded statement.

Some people have problems in their way of thinking and inbalances in their brain, and who are you to judge them?

A friend of mine in high school watched his mother burn to death in front of his eyes from a fire on their farm, and afterwards he was so traumatised and disturbed that he took his life, is he now burning in hell?

I'll give you a book to read that was written by a well respected Christian pastor in the USA, it may change your way of thinking slightly. And yes, I too am a Christian.

You're quick to remember the bit in the bible about not taking a life but also quick to forget the bit about nobody but God shall judge.

I think if there is something we can learn from this it's that you should always take such talk seriously and not just write it off as a hoax, as all the viewers of the forum in question did.
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

I am sowi for the previous posts i made.They were A BIT HARSH.My APOLOGIES TO PRIME and to whoever i may have offended.Sowi to quote prime but take him as an example.He was depressed but got help and helped himself.Death is not the answer.Lets take a real life scenario.Mine.My dads in hospital.His liver is almost finished.Hes coughing blood.He doesnt even know who we are.Hes strapped to a bed.Did i go kill myself?It wouldve made things worse.I went for help.Another case.Its not the same perse but i almost died a while ago.Self destruction.Got involved with the wrong people.Party lifestyle.Did stuff i wasnt supposed to.It took me a visit to the hospital to think and correct my life.NOT ONCE did suicide cross my mind.Luckilly i had my parents to support me all the way to rehabilitation.Im now clean and helping others not go the same route.Life has its ups and downs and i guess not everyone can handle it like 0thers
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yes, I don't condone suicide at all, and I certainly wouldn't ever do it myself or even consider it. I however can't judge people who do, because we as individuals never know what is going on in that persons head or what their personal relationship with God is. I know what you're saying though justinufo. It's very sad the amount of suicides I've dealt with, 2 friends from high school have commited suicide and my best friends brother commited suicide about 2 years ago. Aside from that I know many people who have attempted or contemplated it. It absolutely and completely shatters the families and lives of those left behind, very sad state of affairs... :(
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

ryanrich wrote: You're quick to remember the bit in the bible about not taking a life but also quick to forget the bit about nobody but God shall judge.
True , but as Paul said in his letter in Corinthians , God has already gave us rules when it comes to judging others for their sins as written by Moses in Exodus,Leviticus, Numbers etc. Then Paul himself also said we shouldn't judge it is God who will judge but some sins he already gave us authority in how to judge them. Although I doubt that we are going to stone people for their wrong doings.

Never the less , in the end He will do the judging and He will prevail.
falkon

Post by falkon »

Me and my wife is into helping kids like this. It is a discrace how much parents do know about their kids.Kids need us and the more we pushed them away, the more desperate they become for just a little bit of love and listening to them. My house is open for them and i tell you people, some weekends there is 40 plus kids at my house and all just for 2 things love and to listen to them.We know more about those kids than their real parents do, and safe a couple of them from doing the wrong thing too
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

falkon, that is a wonderful thing that you and your wife are doing. Children often cannot talk to their own parents as the parents are part of the problem. And it is good that they can see other adults are not the same as what they have to deal with. I am sure you do help the kids that come to you for attention - as that is what suicide sometimes is, a cry for attention.
falkon

Post by falkon »

Let all grown ups just realize it and start working with their kids, cause to me they are a joy in my life,some even call me their 2nd dad and mom for the wife, but we are there to help and give correct advise,attention and lots of love,some times even talk to the parents,telling them what going on and they don't like that a bit hey
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Nope - I can imagine the parents are jealous. But if their relationships with their kids were right - the kids would not need you.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I have been wondering whether this person sought professional help before doing something this drastic.....or whether that option was explored and his or her future looked so bleak that he or she decided that it wasn't worth the pain/futility of going on.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

just read this now, its really sad to read something like that. thats nothing to laugh about, the person was obviously going thru something really bad, and the ppl viewing it didnt help somehow? its just wrong. You cant say someone who does that is going straight to hell and is a coward, because when you in a situation where you hurting so bad emotionally, which i believe is the worst kind of pain a person can experience, and nobody is showing that they care and can help, its very easy to try and seek a way out to make it all stop.

id be traumatized for life if i had to see someone die especially by their own hands, imagine seeing that life slip away like that slowly and your sitting there and you can help.

thats just fckd up really.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

and nobody is showing that they care and can help
It is possible that the person in question could not find or did not know anyone
who could help. Not all problem are soluble. To the person who chose to end their life, it may have seemed preferable to end their life sooner than possibkly have to endure whatever their burden was for the next 40+ years before dying of natural causes. While that person's problem are now over, the lives of those closest to the suicide have been plunged into turmoil. One wonders whether he or she considered that or whether he or she was so depressed that they had reached the point where nothing mattered any more.

So sad. :cry:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot